PegCole17 profile image 91

What do you like the most about writing articles on Hub Pages? The least?

The Hub Pages community is changing daily with the influx of new members and new guidelines. What do you enjoy the most about the opportunity to write here and why? Are there things you would like to see change? Please explain and give examples when possible.

• PegCole17 profile image

Peg Cole (PegCole17) 24 months ago

Hi Keith, Feedback on our work is really what prompts us to write more. I think we're all having a bit of the same trouble with traffic lately. Not like the old days...Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

janshares profile image91

Janis Leslie Evans (janshares) says

• PegCole17 profile image

Peg Cole (PegCole17) 24 months ago

Janis, you're right about the bittersweet nature of writing. The community here is kinder and gentler than any other that I've found. Writing here is addictive and I spend way too much time editing my existing articles rather than writing new ones.

Robbie C Wilson says

• PegCole17 profile image

Peg Cole (PegCole17) 23 months ago

Finding solutions to problems and sharing the solutions is a great reason to write a hub, Robbie. I also find that I edit several times even after publishing the hub and later, sometimes make changes again.

• PegCole17 profile image

Peg Cole (PegCole17) 24 months ago

Hello M. T. Dremer, Yes, it is rewarding when people take the time to read our work and leave a comment. I agree that the current traffic situation is frustrating.

Jodah profile image85

John Hansen (Jodah) says

• The Examiner-1 profile image

The Examiner-1 24 months ago

Do not try to understand it John. Just think of it as the yellow brick road.

• PegCole17 profile image

Peg Cole (PegCole17) 24 months ago

I think you've got the right idea about drawing in outside comments. That is key to our site's success, not just the internal comments from other hubbers. Good idea to test the waters and find your strength. Thanks for sharing that tip.

Faith Reaper profile image87

Faith Reaper says

• PegCole17 profile image

Peg Cole (PegCole17) 24 months ago

Faith, your articles are always from the heart and well written, thought-provoking and full of human kindness. Hub Pages has a gem with you adding your contributions here.

I agree that answering the comments is the respectful and right thing to do.

Besarien profile image84

Besarien says

• PegCole17 profile image

Peg Cole (PegCole17) 24 months ago

It is a great feeling to have freedom of expression on whatever subjects we want to cover. I'm glad you found the site and hope to see your work soon.

lawrence01 profile image88

Lawrence Hebb (lawrence01) says

• PegCole17 profile image

Peg Cole (PegCole17) 24 months ago

Hi Lawrence, The site is truly user friendly but you're right, it takes time to generate visitors who stay and read and better yet, leave comments. Sometimes I find that if I read other hubs and comment, readers return the favor.

liesl5858 profile image80

Linda Bryen (liesl5858) says

• PegCole17 profile image

Peg Cole (PegCole17) 24 months ago

Linda, It's nice to meet you here. I will get over and check out your work. I agree it is a constant learning experience to read what others have written. Thanks for coming by on this question.