GizSleep profile image 68

Whats the point in using HubPages if their guidelines are costing us?

I wrote a few articles for HP a year ago and then work basically took over so I took a break. However, I received an email telling me one of my articles had been 1000 times which got me back. The article in question was on the first page of Google. I very slightly rejigged the article but HP weren't happy so I edited and re-edited until I even had to alter the title to suit their QAP. Now, I've watched my article fall down the google rankings and the traffic fall, eventually it might not even be featured if traffic keeps falling. So, i'm now going backwards because I had to edit my article.

Larry Wall 2 years ago

Then Hub Pages should not depend on Free Listings to get traffic. They should spend some money on advertising. Hence, you have more control over placement.

Larry Wall says

• GizSleep profile image

David (GizSleep) 2 years ago

It's difficult to comprehend as the Hub was doing well in traffic and was on Googles 1st page. I only edited it to remove an amazon link and they decided it was no longer good enough, so I've followed their guidelines and am suffering because of it