How can a Hubber who has been banned still have another account on HP?

I am aware that we can have more than one account on HP, but the other day I just happened upon a Hubber I know and recognized the profile picture and even same Hubber name with just numbers added to the end of it, but that Hubber was banned. Then I went to look at the other account, and this same Hubber has been on HP for five years. So, can one be banned under one account and still remain on HP in another account? I am just curious ...I only have one account, but I thought it strange. Thank you for answering.

Best Answer Tim Mitchell (tsmog) says

Hi Tim, well it doesn't say how the Hubber was banned. When you click on the profile, it just states "This Hubber has been banned." That is what I thought, that once banned, you are banned no matter what and no new account is allowable once banned.

Hi dashingscorpio, well the Hubber is the same Hubber on both accounts. One is just banned when you click on the profile. The other is still active. Shouldn't the person being banned from HP, not be able to open another account?

Genna East profile image91

Genna East says

Hi Genna, Yes, sometimes a strange world indeed ... I have nothing against this hubber or anything, I just am trying to understand what being banned means exactly. I have some of those too, no hubs, no comments? Maybe some just like to read?

Yes, that is what happened, but no matter what one who has been banned is not supposed to be able to be on HP. I don't understand if a person is banned, then they are banned. Unless I am missing something.