Julie Nou profile image 61

Doing Affiliate: Is More Effective in Hubpages or Your Own Site?

Hubpages has high statistics in terms of credibility, and I would like to venture on Amazon affiliate. Would it be better to do it in hubpages or does owning your own site? Does anyone here get good gains from doing Amazon affiliate thru hubpages?

Glenn Stok profile image98

Glenn Stok says

• Julie Nou profile image

Julie Nou 10 months ago

Oh wow, good to know about getting 8% instead of 4%, thanks Glenn!.. will def check out the rules for this. I couldn't find the learning center, so I google it btw, and it comes up with this url - hubpageshelp.com - is that it?

• Glenn Stok profile image

Glenn Stok 10 months ago

Amazon is ok if it has value. For example, you showed your book Humanity's Edge in your time travel hub, but I had to search Amazon to purchase it. Clicking an ad would have been easier. That's the idea of using Amazon to provide value to the reader.

LindaSmith1 profile image60

LindaSmith1 says

• Glenn Stok profile image

Glenn Stok 10 months ago

We get 60% of the impressions on HubPages. 60% of 8% is still greater than 100% of 4%. It works in your case Linda because you're at the 6.5% level with so many sales on Amazon. But most Hubbers don't sell enough to get over 4% alone.