Regarding HubPages policy about Hub publication of material published elsewhere on the Web.

HubPages doesn't allow authors to "Publish Hubs or Hub Content that are identical to, substantially similar to, or derived from other Hubs and/or content published elsewhere on the Web. This applies even if You are the owner of that content and/or have the rights to publish that content online". Does "published elsewhere on the Web" include content that is NOT *ON* the Web but ONLY *LINKED TO*? I've considered 'Hubbing' a substantial excerpt from my book, which can be downloaded VIA the Web but cannot be viewed ON the web. Does that violate policy? And how limiting is "derived from"?

Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98

Wesman Todd Shaw says

Alessio Ganci profile image81

Alessio Ganci says

Joel Lantz 15 months ago

Thanks. Related Q: REVIEWS of books are apparently OK, and I've seen a book SUMMARY or two. Is the following OK?

•• A SUMMARY of a chapter of my free ebook with INDEPENDENT value (not a 'teaser').

•• At the end, a URL to the book download page.