Venkatachari M profile image 80

Does anybody of you celebrate or participate in Diwali celebrations with your Indian friends?

I simply got this doubt. Do you partake in the celebrations just like most Indians do during Christmas or New Year celebrations? Today is Diwali (It is actually Deepavali meaning a line or row of lights). So, I wish you all "A happy Diwali". This is my wife during 1990s, placing lights on the Rangoli prepared by her on the occasion of Deepavali.

• Venkatachari M profile image

Venkatachari M 12 months ago

Thank you, Manatita. I know that you are always associated with and enjoy the company of all people of any religion or race. So, actually, I didn't keep you in my purview when I posted this question. But, this answer of yours is a much pleasing one.

jonnycomelately profile image84

Alan (jonnycomelately) says

• Venkatachari M profile image

Venkatachari M 12 months ago

Thank you, Alan, for your visit and reply. I think we should preserve the traditions and culture that we got from our ancestors and let our younger generations interested in such things and pass on to their kids.

radhapriestess profile image68

radhapriestess says

• Venkatachari M profile image

Venkatachari M 12 months ago

Nice to hear from you, sister. Celebrating at mandir is a great idea. Wish you Happy Deepavali.