ChitrangadaSharan profile image 86

Do you keep a backup of your Hubs? If so, do you keep it in your hard disk or elsewhere!

Why I ask this is because I was writing for an online website earlier , before joining HubPages. I had saved the links to those 25 + articles that I had published there. Now when I click on those links , I get the message that the articles are 'not found' or 'can't open the page'. But the website is very much there , though it looks different. I understand that it is difficult to save or keep backup of so many hubs . Is there an easier way?

TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92

TIMETRAVELER2 says

• ChitrangadaSharan profile image

Chitrangada Sharan (ChitrangadaSharan) 2 months ago

Thanks TIMETRAVELLER2 for your response to the question!

Your advice is worth following and I would definitely do as you do from now onwards.

Thank You so much!

Terrielynn1 profile image86

Terrie Lynn (Terrielynn1) says

• ChitrangadaSharan profile image

Thank you Terrie Lynn for your suggestions and tips . Yes we must keep back ups . Many thanks for your helpful response!

• ChitrangadaSharan profile image

Thanks Ericdierker for answering!

Your sermons are like treasure , whether they are promoted or not, they are guidelines for life's journey. You may compile them in a book later on.

I do keep backups though not for all my hubs. But now I would do

• ChitrangadaSharan profile image

Thank you Manatita for answering! So wise of you to print each of your wonderful hubs. I should at least save them on my computer. As I mentioned in the question, my articles from the online site where I was publishing earlier have vanished. Thanks!

tomsmithnow profile image81

Tomi Smith (tomsmithnow) says

• ChitrangadaSharan profile image

Thank you Tomi Smith for answering the question! I would follow your advice. I normally don't save all my hubs but only a few of them.

Thanks for your helpful answer!

• ChitrangadaSharan profile image

Thanks Tim Mitchell for your response to the question!

That's a good idea to compose as word document!

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated!

Eric Calderwood profile image82

Eric Calderwood says

6 weeks ago
  • ChitrangadaSharan profile image

Chitrangada Sharan (ChitrangadaSharan) 6 weeks ago

Thank you Eric Calderwood for answering the question!

No you are not over cautious. You are doing the right thing by keeping a hard copy. I lost many of my articles where I was writing prior to HubPages. Thanks and good day to you!

Shyron E Shenko profile image86

Shyron E Shenko says

6 weeks ago
  • ChitrangadaSharan profile image

Thanks Shyron for your response to the question!

Keeping Hubs in word documents is the ideal thing to do.

You are right about thieves but that is the cruel truth about Internet. It has happened to me as well on several occasions.

Thanks again!