Jeremy Gill profile image 96

How Important is it to Credit Images on HubPages?

Okay, the obviously the textbook answer is that we need to credit all our images. However, the reality is most Hubbers, even the most successful, often only source an image by linking to it, which is only technically part of the crediting. Almost seems like for legality purposes, we're told about the crediting, but no one actually expects it to be done (at least not beyond linking to the source URL), as Hubs will be featured regardless. Any thoughts?

Best Answer Tim Mitchell (tsmog) says

• Jeremy Gill profile image

Jeremy Gill 4 months ago

Great answer, Tim. I know we should credit wherever we can, but I can't shake the feeling that there's leniency because so many topics would be busts without proper imagining, and HP doesn't want to miss out. Plus, it seems like everyone does it.

nochance profile image91

Chloe Davis Smith (nochance) says

• Jeremy Gill profile image

Jeremy Gill 4 months ago

I agree that it's important, but that doesn't change the frequency of fudging. I bet most Hubbers are fearful to even discuss it, yet it should be debated. Also, there are the Fair Use laws to consider, which opens up a whole new can of worms.

Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97

Wesman Todd Shaw says

• Jeremy Gill profile image

Jeremy Gill 4 months ago

Agreed! I don't feel guilty as long as I backlink to them because it enables a sort of symbiotic relationship even if it's not technically the correct format. I did some research, and some of the most prominent Hubbers do the exact same thing.

Jeremy Gill profile image96

Jeremy Gill says