ChitrangadaSharan profile image 56

Isn’t it proper to use first and second person in content writing?

For example, when I write an introductory paragraph and give some real life examples or experiences to build up the content that follows. I think it’s easier for the readers to relate to it. Recently I used some online proofreading app and it suggested that I should avoid words such as, I , We , You , Yours , us etc. I believe that if the content is conversational, it is more interesting. Please advise!

shanmarie profile image79

shanmarie says

• Venkatachari M profile image

Venkatachari M 2 months ago

I also agree with you.

• ChitrangadaSharan profile image

Chitrangada Sharan (ChitrangadaSharan) 2 months ago

Thanks Tim Mitchell for your detailed answer and clarifications! I have used Proofread Bot.com for one of my article related to personal health. Thanks for suggesting another one in your response. I didn’t know there were categories too. Thanks again

Venkatachari M profile image80

Venkatachari M says

• ChitrangadaSharan profile image

Thanks Venkatachari ji for your response!

I agree with you but the proofreading app always wants me to change or rewrite the words, such as- you. yours. we. us and so on.

Thanks again!

• ChitrangadaSharan profile image

Agree completely Ericdierker.It’s the first time I am doing proofreading of my article, since it was unfeatured by HP and I was advised to proofread it. I sincerely believe that writers have their own style and if it’s grammatically correct it’s fine