It's NOT a 60/40 split of earnings. A lot of people mistakenly think this.
For 60% of the time, your affiliate ID code will be shown on your Hubs, and the other 40% of the time the codes will be those of HubPages. The impressions are split 60/40.
You get 100% of any earnings that occur during the times when your codes are on the Hubs.