1) Make sure it is well written.
2) Make use of hubpage modules that can visually aid your hub and create interactivity (the under-appreciated news module will update your hub with fresh content and Google will take note)
3) Be as detailed as you can.
4) Cite relevant links and hubs.
5) Break up large chunks of text into separate modules (perhaps intersperse pictures, links and videos between them)
6) Ask the folks at the extreme hub makeover forum for further tips.
7) Promote them (shetoldme.com , xomba.com are two good, swift sites to immediately update - further promotion may be needed depending on what your expectations are)
8) Ping your updated RSS
9) Correctly group and interconnect your new hub with your others.
theres more, but that should be a rough guide ;)