trinity4362 profile image 60

"I live in an apartment and do work on the grounds, i do not get a check the money is deducted...

for rent. I RECEIVED A 1099-MISC.and now will have to pay the irs $1200. I have MS and receive disabilty. If i did not do this work i could not afford my medication. Since this has been turned in as income i may now lose my disability. I have never received a check for the work it goes against my rent. Should i have to pay taxes on this? I will be greatfull for any advise. Thanks and God bless."


sort by best latest

tammyfrost profile image81

Tammy Frost (tammyfrost) says

You can help the HubPages community highlight top quality content by ranking this answer up or down.

6 years ago
 |  Comment