The Best Art Lenses On Squidoo
A Collection of the Best Tutorials and Art-related Lenses on Squidoo
Squidoo has a great many lenses reviewing and explaining different aspects of art - but the trick is often finding them. So welcome to my still-in-progress lens - always in progress - collecting some of the many wonderful tutorials and reviews of art programs, drawing techniques and products, galleries and everything else artistic here on Squidoo.
I'm currently focusing on image related art - painting, drawing and photography, both digital and traditional. I've read each lens - they're all actually useful and some are amazing; if there's an area with too many I've tried to pick the best. If there's nothing here on a subject then it means I couldn't find a good one or you need to write one.
Please check out the tabs along the top for the other pages as well!
Click below to jump to each section
Contents at a Glance
- Artists on Squidoo
- Resources For The Artist
- Design and Composition
- Drawing and Sketching: How to Draw a...
- How to Draw a...
- More How To Draw Tutorials
- Drawing and Sketching: People and Realism
- Drawing and Sketching: Styles, Manga and Cartoons
- Drawing Materials: Pencils, Charcoal and Graphite
- Traditional Art Products: Pencils, pastels et al.
- Paint: Watercolours, Acrylics and Oils
- Painting: Canvases and Textures
- Colouring Pages
- Are You A Photographer?
- Landscape, Sea and Sky Photography
- Wildlife Photography
- Photography: Stock and Selling Your Photos
- Digital Art
- Favourite program?
- Digital Art Programs: Corel Painter and Gimp
- Digital Art Painting Programs: ArtRage
- Digital Art Programs:Photoshop
- Digital Art Programs: Photoshop
- Digital Art: Photoshop Brushes
- Digital Art: Graphics Tablets
- Art Online: Image processing and Resizing
- Digital Art: How To Print Your Images
- Best Online Art Site?
- Promotion and Marketing for Artists
- Forums and Communities
- Online Galleries, Shops and Print On Demand Stores
- Creativity and Inspiration
- Art Collections
- Copyright and Art Theft
- Squidoo Groups
- Add Your Favourite Art Lens!
- About the Lensmaster
Are You A Photographer?
What kind of photos do you take?
Alright then - there are a lot of programs out there, some free, some not, some pretty, some easy to use, some functional, some horrendous... but what's the best?
(not a member and want to play? join now!)
What's YOUR favourite graphics program?
Best Online Art Site? - Where's the best place to upload your art?
RedBubble, DeviantART, Flickr, Photobucket, Artician, Elfwood, PaperDemon, RedGage...
Just a handful of the many sites where one can upload one's artwork - not even touching on the Print on Demand sites such as Zazzle and CafePress!
It's hard enough to keep up with one site, let alone try and stay active on all of them, so which is your favourite? Mine is DeviantART - sure, I don't earn much, but it's easy to use and talk to people, you get a lot of exposure if you're reasonably active (and the potential audience is larger) - and while you don't necessarily get a large amount of useful feedback, you get a lot.
Which is the better art site/community/gallery?
Did you find the one you were after? Got a suggestion?