ARE HUBPAGES A SCAM?
From my point of view, writing for Hubpages is certainly my favorite passion. It is so good feeling when your thoughts, observations and knowledge get published so quickly, when your wisdom is online and you have faithful readers, when your Hubscore is getting higher, when you learn from others and the others learn from you, when you meet new people.... and when you earn money through this activity.
Are Hubpages a scam?
No, they are not.
Is it possible to write and earn money here?
Yes it is.
Is it possible to get Google check every month?
Yes it is. Of course. My experience is YES!
Is it possible to achieve that quickly?
Hmmm, miracles do happen, but is hardly possible to achieve instant success with Google AdSense, so patience and persistence in writing is main key. I know this sounds boring, but like in any else human activity you need to "put seeds in the soil at first, water them and provide them enough of sunshine, and they will start to bring real fruits....in several months, not before."
I have seen very many colleagues who quit writing here few steps or just step before possible success... BTW I consider writer as successful here as he/she is patient enough to persist in writing to get first Google check. First 100$ will motivate him/her to continue with writing. After first check everything goes much easier, next checks start to arrive more regularly.
Like all others, I was also tempted to quit writing on HP at the certain point (before my first $100, of course) but I love writing so much and that passion was strong enough to keep me going, and I am glad because of that.
Love for writting is not only one which can keep you going. It is very wise to learn how to earn money as well! To keep your passion hot, you need Google check as well. Money is just materialization of your love for writting.
Many people are here just because they want some friendhips, or readers, or want to share their experiences with others, or have some fun, or write their juornals online, every goal is great. Majority of us like earning as well, and want to prove that making money online is possible.
Some Tips for Hubbing (especially for newcommers)
1. Determine what are your goals in writing:
- earning money online
- gaining new friendships
- sharing your life-wisdom with other people online
- having fun
- writing is the best psychotherapy for you
If you know why are you here, you will persist in writing much longer, because you will be able to stay focused on your goals.
2. Connect with other Hubbers who have the same goals as you have or even better - with that ones who can positively respond on your goals. There are plenty of us here, and if you persist in writing and learning results will come.
3. Join the Fan-clubs of other Hubbers this will help you to gain more readers ,and higher profile Hubscore.... but if you are new Hubber please:
- do not live notes like "I joined your Fan club, now is your turn to join mine", this really sounds like blackmail. Being real Fan means that you really read the Hubs of that person, at least sometimes and show that through your comments and through the act of pressing little green button on the end of Hub - rate it " up".
- do not e-mail to the other Hubbers to explain them why they should immediately join your Fan club and read your first masterpiece especially if you did not join theirs. If you live intelligent comments in the Hubs of others, after you read their Hubs and join their Fan clubs, you will gain much more interest and very soon you will have plenty of your fans. Especially if your Hubs are interesting. Every your activity (Hubtivity) is producing higher profile hubscore.
- If you do not have enough knowledge about blogging online when you start writting (majority of us did not have too much clue on the beginning) reading and analysing Hubs of other Hubbers is a must. While reading them, you will learn much more then you can imagine - every day you can learn plenty of new, highly valuable things. Learning from other Hubbers is the key.
- if you need some kind of help, you will find Hubbers in forums very helpful. (BTW, avoid religious and political forums, they are not the best place to ask for help, people there are usually a little bit tensed, LOL):
4. If your goal is more serious earning money, do not rely only on readers from Hubpages. You need to find readers outside of Hubpages as well. This can be gained by submitting your Hubs to social network sites as Stumble, Facebook, Twitter, Digg, for what you have link "share " at the end of your Hubs.
Do not submitt your Hubs to article directories, it is not worth it. But you can also submitt their extract with link to the Hub on Bukisha and Gather.com
5.. Submitting your Hubs to the social network sites as well as to your other bloggs and websites will also help you in building backlinks for your Hubs. Back links ARE very important for getting higher Google Rank, what means that you will be found easier on Google searching machine. Link your Hubs among themselves as well. Enough of links will also give you higher Google rank of your profile page (my is 4)
Backlink is a link from another site to your Hub (also known inbound links) Their number and importance of websites linking back to your Hubs indicates the popularity of your Hub and your profile . It is also good if you can link to another websites, depending on topic of your Hub.
6. Do not burn all your inspiration before gaining enough of readers
On the beginning, there is no point in publishing dozens of Hubs with the speed of light without gaining readership. So if you have flow of inspiration you cannot control, some of Hubs you can also save without publishing. Be wise. On that way you will not burn all your inspiration without gaining readership. Without readership, there is no money and no communication with others, so not motivating at all. Your Hubs can be published later on, when you will have more readers.
6. What happens if you stop publishing for a while
If you gained enough of readers and published 10-20 or even more Hubs and you decide to stop publishing and come back after several months again, you might find situation unpleasantly changed. Without publishing (or at least regular signing in and living comments) :
- your Hubscore will go down and your readers might forget you, so you will need some time to get back "old fame".
7. Use E-Bay and Amazon.com capsules for additional earning on Hubs. As well as you can use your own affiliate programs, or sell your own service or product...
Be patient, do not expect instant results, over the time, you will succeed.
My experience with Amazon.com on Hubpages I described in the following Hub: DARK SECRETS OF AMAZON.COM on HP . Hub is really worth reading it.
I stopped to use Kontera ads, because the earning with them is very low, and if you have Kontera ads, people do not click on your Google ads so often.
8. If your main goal is flirting with girls and ladies on Hubpages, please read my Hub with detailed explanation on that topic: HOW TO FLIRT WITH FEMALE WRITTER ON HUBPAGES
9. Write long and prosper here and very happy Hubbing to all! And thank you for being so wonderful community here !
You will not became rich as Donald Trump on HP, but it is possible to earn money here