- HubPages Tutorials and Community
AKA Cross Creations
She's had dozens of jobs and occupations, has been a writer and reader, teacher and student, rich and poor, happy and desperate, thick and thin, mother and child, wife and ex-wife, extremely wise and extremely foolish.
She is both a self-made woman and a self-unmade woman, a perfectly imperfect paradox. She doesn't owe successes to others, nor blames others for failures.
Teacher, writer, entrepreneur, mom of teens, collectoholic, optIiMYSTIC skeptic, cyberspace junkie, political atheist, aging hippie chick, wannabe beach bum....
Me at Age 3
In one of the few photos I have from my childhood, I'm wearing a cowgirl outfit I got for my birthday. I wanted to be a cowgirl when I grew up, but since I was afraid of horses...I became a teacher instead.
The Queen of Sheba
I brought Sheba home when she was 7 weeks old and could be held in one hand...many moons ago. At that time my sons were 'bout knee high to a grasshopper.
Sheba remained my best friend for 14 years, the most gentle and sweet canine EVER! Sheba taught me the true meaning of unconditional love.
Sheba went over the rainbow to doggie heaven in June of 2010. Two years later I finally adopted another dog.
Katie came from a rescue and could very possibly be a descendant of Sheba since they both are 'Siever's Retrievers' dogs.
Carol Ross Photography
NOT me ==> but it IS one awesome photographer!
This gal named Carol Ross is a photographer (so am I) and she photographs golden retrievers and nature (so do I).
Now that's one PRETTY flower girl!!!
Go Get One! and tell her this ...that Carol Ross sent ya! LOL!
Goldens + Gardens = Gorgeous
* I've given birth twice. Son #1 took nearly two entire days of labor to arrive, while Son #2 was almost born on route to the hospital. He came so fast I called him my torpedo baby.
* Most of my adult life I've been a teacher, but have had lots of other jobs including retail, hospital unit clerk, travel agent, antiques & collectibles dealer, eBay seller, waitress, photographer, writer and internet marketer.
That's my sons when they were maybe 2 and 3 years old.
Cute kids, eh? Yes, they were.
VERY cute indeed.
* I was the 8th child (in a family of 10!), born on 08-08 and my first born son was #8 grandchild. Wanna guess my lucky number?
* I love golden retrievers and have been owned by three of them, Leo and Sheba are now in doggie heaven and Katie carries on that tradition of life being blessed by goldens.
* Warm sunshine and water makes me happy. Lake, river, swimming pool, ocean...bring it!
Art and Creativity
That's ME - CrossCreations
* I like to play with creating unique photos and have had a few pics published.
* Seeing "the big picture" comes easily to me more than the smaller details. I'm intuitive and enjoy creative thinking, can often 'sense' things not obvious to others.
* I am a recovering collectoholic. I collect so many things... coins, rocks, seashells, crystals, books, vintage jewelry, quotes, craft items like rubber stamps and scrapbooking supplies, photographs...
*I enjoy playing with web tools for creating logos and banners and also playing with fun fonts like below.
* I've always loved dolphins and wanted to swim with dolphins in the wild and finally did just that in 2011. Bliss!
* I once spent the Christmas holidays in Colorado and another time on a Caribbean island. Those were some of my favorite holidays ever.
* I belong to several online networks, most of them writers and Amazon sellers.
* I used to run and play competitive sports, played some sand volleyball, and am a swimmer.
Someday Aisle ... - Bucket List of Places CrossCreations will travel to one day...
- Hacienda Mosaico - Puerto Vallarta, MX
I first heard about this delightful place from SARK, then recently it popped up again from another artist I adore named Lisa Sonora Beam. Both host retreats at the Hacienda Mosaico for creative entrepreneurs. I just know that I will go there one day.
- Drake Bay, Costa Rica
I met Sierra Goodman in 2011 on a swim with dolphins trip in Bimini, Bahamas. She has an amazing place in Drake Bay, Costa Rica called Brisa Azul. Going there one day, yes I am.
Favorite Art crosscreations loves all sorts of art & creativity SWIRLS like those in the art to the right are common in my world. Collage too!
Humor * Comedy * Satire * LOL *
Laughter is the BEST Medicine!
* LOVE humor! I worked in a psych ward while in college. That was often like 'One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest' and I aced Psych 101 while working in the Cuckoo's Nest.
*So with my comedy writer hat on... ya might find some really CRAZY stuff! Redneck Humor and WILD adult Halloween costumes and even some Vino Humor for Wine Lovers.
*It's all wrapped up inside the Laugh Outloud Lounge. Most is mild, some might border on what you'd be wise to view with young ones around, that's just how I roll...
Carolan Ross is a Quote Collector
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind." ~Bob Marley
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~ Anais Nin
"We don't see things as they are. We see things as WE are." ~ Anais Nin
"The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.
Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change."
"Marriage is a wonderful institution.
But who wants to live in an institution?"— Groucho Marx