- HubPages Tutorials and Community
How to get an Angel Blessing
Does your lens have what it takes?
Not every lens on Squidoo has what it takes to get an Angel Blessing. That's what makes an Angel Blessing so special. When you get one, you can be sure that you have a top notch lens. If you aren't receiving as many blessings as you'd like, there may be a reason. You see, Angels look for certain things when looking for lenses to bless. Sure, every Angel has their own likes and dislikes, their own style of blessing, but there are certain things that we all tend to look for.
All images are from Glitter Graphics.
Who's wearing the Squidoo Angel wings?
The angel program has been cancelled but I'm leaving this lens as is because it still has lots of great ideas on how to make a better lens.
Credit your photos
Change default module titles
Add a bio
Make sure your products fit your lens
Visit the Forum
The SquidU forum is a great place to hang out if you have a few extra minutes. There are so many perks! You can get your lens critiqued and maybe get some ideas on how to make it better. You can ask for help if you have a question about anything at all. You can show off your lens in the Lens Spotlight. You can chat with other lensmasters about the different aspects of Squidoo. You can learn tips and tricks on how to sell stuff. You can participate in forum challenges (currently a fun game of Lens Jenga). You can even chat about stuff completely unrelated to Squidoo. And while you're doing all this, you'll be making friends and getting known.
Here are a few things to remember while you're there:
- Do add a photo of yourself on the forum. I, for one, remember pictures a lot easier than names.
- Do add links to your lenses in your forum signature. That way we have something to click if we want to get to know you.
- Do join in on any discussions that interest you. Don't be shy!
- Do read the rules of the forum. HQ is very serious about the forum rules and breaking them can get you banned.
- Do be a role model. You may be a newbie right now, but someday you'll be a Giant Squid. You might even be a Squid Angel.
- Don't link drop. This means don't add a link in every post. Most of the time, the only links you see are in the Critique Me or in the Lens Spotlight. There are exceptions, but not often.
- Don't link to sites outside Squidoo unless it's your personal blog. Most lensmasters look at outside links like they're spam.
- Don't ask for blessings or squidlikes. Asking for either of these is against TOS. Just be patient and active and you will get the blessings and squidlikes you deserve.
Visit the Squidoo Facebook Community
There are many Squidoo groups on Facebook, but the oldest and largest is the Squidoo Facebook Community. With almost 1,000 members, it's a great place to ask questions, get a lens review, show off your updated or newest lenses and make great friends. Before joining, please make sure we can identify you as a Squidoo member by your Facebook profile. A good way to do this is to link to one of your lenses on your wall and make it publicly viewable.
Photos and text; Â© 2011-2013 Catherine Taylor. All Rights Reserved
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
This is one more thing you can do to get a blessing. Sometimes, even with fantastic lenses, you don't get blessings because we don't know you're here. So go out and explore Squidoo. "Like" the lenses that you like. Comment on a lens when you have something to say. Visit a few guestbooks to let other lensmasters know that you appreciate their writing. Visit the forum and give us a chat. Don't be shy about posting. Just make sure not to leave any spam in your trail. If you're unsure about what spam is, here's a lens about Squid Ettiquette.
Remember, let me know you were here!