jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Why do Ebay capsules not accept Ebay seller IDs?

1. sleepylog profile image89
    sleepylogposted 3 years ago

Why is it that everytime I try to enter an Ebay seller's ID in an Ebay capsule the result always comes up without a match? I want to promote a specific seller's product but for some reason the Ebay capsule doesn't let me do this. Is there something I need to know? I would also love to hear from HP staff about this issue.

2. sleepylog profile image89

This is so frustrating!! I'm entering the product's name and the seller ID and it just doesn't work! Someone please tell me how to get  it to work! And why don't HP staff ever answer forum questions like this one?

3. sleepylog profile image89

Could it be because I'm trying to list an item from an Ebay Australia seller? Is HP restricting us even more by only allowing us to list items from Ebay US sellers?

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it's US only.   The majority of HubPages readers are in the US.

1. sleepylog profile image89
        sleepylogposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Marissa, I had a feeling it would be something like that. I guess non-US hubbers and readers aren't important enough. Maybe I'll delete all my hubs, I don't make that much from them anyway.

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
          Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's not a question of being important enough.  It's a question of where the audience is.   The fact that you and I are in Australia doesn't mean we will attract readers from Oz - the bulk of our traffic will still come from the US.

It is possible to geo-target eBay and Amazon but the process does have an impact on site speed, and it's not always reliable - so I'm guessing HubPages have decided the extra income wouldn't justify the development work.

working