jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the appropriate number of Amazon links to have in a Hub? Is more truly b

1. Vicki.Pierce profile image71
    Vicki.Pierceposted 7 years ago

What is the appropriate number of Amazon links to have in a Hub? Is more truly better?

I have seem Hubs with tons of Amazon links and some with none.  I am just wondering if there is better success with a few links or a few columns of product links.

2. Azure11 profile image91
    Azure11posted 7 years ago

I would say that as long as the products you are promoting are relevant to the article then feel free to have a few Amazon capsules. I tend not to have more than 2 or 3 but sometimes I split them up because I think it makes the hub look nicer! I did see a hub today where a guy was talking about all the bad side effects of coffee and then had a couple of amazon capsules selling the stuff which I thought was a bit strange!

3. Susana S profile image98
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

It depends, though there are some layouts that seem to work better than others. Check out amazon focused hubs by Mark Knowles, frogdropping, Spacey Gracey and thisisoil (me too if you like) and look at the layouts they use. All are very successful earning with amazon hubs.

4. StarCreate profile image72
    StarCreateposted 7 years ago

I guess it would depend on how relevant your content is likely to be for Amazon products, and what keywords Amazon is likely to able to identify and optimize it's ads for.  The trouble is like with the coffee example below, bots from Amazon aren't able to identify when you're dissing the category!  Google works similarly, I had an article on another site debunking weight loss 'miracle' products, which necessarily referenced some pretty hyperbolic language, so my page was lined with adds for 'massive miracle weight loss today' etc...

Anyway I suppose you need to think about the ideal next action someone would take after reading your content - and if your content creates a desire to own or research a product, you need to make sure that's an easy action to take, ie the link/product is there.  For some hubs that's very narrow and specific, and one or two ad capsules will probably do it... for others, it'd be well worth spreading the net more widely, with more ads.

5. Vicki.Pierce profile image71
    Vicki.Pierceposted 7 years ago

Thank you so much for all of these helpful answers!  You guys are awesome!

6. Pamela N Red profile image86
    Pamela N Redposted 7 years ago

I think it depends on how many items are relevant to your story.

I choose my own because like Azure said sometimes Amazon will choose the wrong items. They pick key words and if you are telling people to avoid something, Amazon only picks up that word and doesn't realize it is not a good item to try and sell at that time.