jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you pursue your dreams or goals as writer and why?

1. Pearldiver profile image80
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

How do you pursue your dreams or goals as writer and why?

Everyone who writes is motivated by at least an individual purpose, though possibly for multiple reasons. What have you found to be yours and how does writing at HubPages help you pursue your dreams or goals?

2. ytsenoh profile image85
    ytsenohposted 5 years ago

I keep reading and writing to pursue fluidity with language.  Writers have covered centuries beginning with a hand driven by a bottle of ink and a feathered quill to a ball point pen, manual typewriter and computer keyboard.  Any notion can become more persuasive dependent upon the form of phraseology, dialect, rhetoric, prose, or some such form of intrinsic communication.  The art of writing and any notion to enhance a thought process that causes one to think, to ponder, to feel, to wonder--this behavior lends to some sense of awareness and all these things collectively stem from an art of language.  If you think about it, we paint words.  Words are my passion and HubPages provides an opportunity to share that passion and practice shaping the topical articles as well as gathering productive feedback.  Great question.

3. wheelinallover profile image79
    wheelinalloverposted 5 years ago

My goal as a writer is to find my voice and the voice of others. The ability to communicate deeply with others through the written word has become important to me. Whether this be in my voice, the voice of my childhood, or the voice of another, I want to feel I readers believe they are seeing the person doing the speaking.

There is no doubt the rest of my life will be spent learning. There are not enough hours in a day to do everything necessary including reading and writing daily.

4. hildred profile image78
    hildredposted 5 years ago

I write as an emotional release, and because I believe I have quality stories to tell. I write about things that affect me and the types of characters and situations I believe need to be represented more. I also, of course, enjoy the validation when a reader loves my work and it has positively affected them in some way.

I write hubs about my other passions that I normally don't get to write about. I always have ideas about music and games to share that I normally don't take the time to because I don't get much out of it...until now, when I can get paid for it. So Hubpages lets me write about things I normally don't get to while helping my income on the side.

5. donnaisabella profile image80
    donnaisabellaposted 5 years ago

My biggest dream as a writer is to write books that will inform, inspire, motivate and help people build relationships with one another and especially with God. I read a lot because I am a great believer in knowledge that comes through the written media and from others. My love for writing came from my love for reading. Coupled with my ability to read and understand things, I discovered that I have an ability to express myself in spoken words with clarity, but even better in writing. Words are my forte and I keep learning how to use them better. The platform hubpages gives me is unbelievable, here, with sheer determination and a dogged will, I am certain I will prove to myself that I cannot only write but that I can earn money from my writing and I am on my way. Thank God!

working