jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

When do you delete a hub?

1. collegedad profile image75
    collegedadposted 5 years ago

When do you delete a hub?

I have a few hubs that just aren't doing anything.  They haven't been viewed in a month. I am tempted to delete these hubs, but they are only a couple of months old. What is your criteria for deleting a hub? Do inactive hubs pull down your score?

2. Ask Ashley profile image80
    Ask Ashleyposted 5 years ago

I don't think I would ever delete a hub....edit yes, but delete no. Have you tried going back and editing those hubs, maybe spicing them up with additional keywords/tags to get hits from Google? Or maybe changing the category location of your hub? I think that could generate new volume as well. Sometimes one of my hubs isn't viewed for a week or more and then the next day it's viewed 30 times...so it definitely varies. Unless you absolutely hate your hubs and regret writing them, I really don't see a reason to delete your hard work.

3. sangre profile image95
    sangreposted 5 years ago

Don't delete it, just unpublish it, edit it and then republish.  Chances are if you put some new information in it, it might end up turning out better.

It might not get viewed by other hubbers on here, but it could get picked up by search engines if the topic is good enough.

I have hubs I printed ages ago still getting found in the search engines so just to some tweaking on it.

4. chef stella profile image67
    chef stellaposted 5 years ago

Add photos or videos if applicable ...
    It is really helpful ....

5. collegedad profile image75
    collegedadposted 5 years ago

Great suggestions. I've used the Title Tuner on a few hubs and have done some rewording to add additional keywords. Pictures and videos are next on the list.

working