jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why is having an Editors choice hub causing traffic to decrease? Did opting out

1. Organised Kaos profile image92
    Organised Kaosposted 4 years ago

Why is having an Editors choice hub causing traffic to decrease? Did opting out change things back?

Why do you feel having an Editors Choice on your hub, decreases traffic? Why did you opt out of Editors choice, if you have?
    Thanks.

2. jellygator profile image91
    jellygatorposted 4 years ago

I have not opted out, and I have not seen views decrease. In October, Google made yet another algorithm change based on the way people conduct searches on their mobile devices, and it has had an effect on search rankings.

3. sallybea profile image97
    sallybeaposted 4 years ago

I have six Editors Choice Hubs and I have not seen a decline in Traffic.  I have never opted out.

4. Greensleeves Hubs profile image98
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 4 years ago

As far as traffic is concerned, I've actually noticed a small (not yet very significant) improvement in traffic in the past few weeks after a big slump earlier in the year, though whether this is due to 'Editor's Choice' is not easy to evaluate. Looking at weekly visits to my hubs, there's no clear effect - all my Editors Choices are evenly distributed among the other hubs.

Since Editors Choice came in, my hub scores and hubber score have both risen very appreciably, which is one really nice aspect, as it signals an endorsement of one's writing for which I'm grateful, though that of course doesn't necessarily translate into increased traffic.

I personally cannot see any reason to opt out. Whether there is any traffic increase / financial advantage to having Editor's Choices, I can't say for sure, but it's certainly nice to think that maybe the hubs are being reviewed by human beings on the HubPages staff rather than just some sort of unintelligent algorithm. I'm sure this can only be a good thing.

5. Organised Kaos profile image92
    Organised Kaosposted 4 years ago

Thanks for your thoughts. I too have some Editor's Choice hubs and haven't noticed any difference, but other have. As they are on my best performing hubs - I don't want to stuff that up!

6. Msmillar profile image94
    Msmillarposted 4 years ago

Most of my hubs are Editor's Choice and I have noticed a slight increase in traffic.

working