jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Hub hopping why are some hubs so short?

1. BumblelyBee profile image78
    BumblelyBeeposted 3 years ago

Hub hopping why are some hubs so short?

So I have just done my first load of hub hopping today and I was so shocked at the low word count on some hubs, one I pasted into a word counter to get a total of 211 words! If new hubbers must go through a review process then how come many hubs in the hub hopper are of such low standard?

2. dandelionweeds profile image78
    dandelionweedsposted 3 years ago

Some people just want to write and don't care. And well if it is poetry it doesn't have to be long.

BumblelyBeeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Haven't come across a poem yet, more short blog type posts about liking candy or racing results for a horse race for example.

3. Janus Joshua profile image68
    Janus Joshuaposted 3 years ago

If you review a material, is it essential to be long?

BumblelyBeeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure lol are all the hub hopping writings articles or can they be blog type posts? I mean it kinda goes against a lot of the things we are encouraged to put in our hubs (as far as I can see as a newbie).

4. pattyfloren profile image81
    pattyflorenposted 3 years ago

Longer hubs get more traffic, so content isn't the issue.  About short hubs, it may be because hubbers are reading more articles by different hubbers.  Do yo think hubbers should stay with content they are passionate about?

5. profile image0
    temptor94posted 3 years ago

Some of the new hubbers are probably not aware of the rules. If they are not new hubbers, they are just interested in blogging for earning, without realizing that their hubs will never be approved. HubPages is quite strict in their review and will not feature any hubs that are less than 800 words long (or is it 1000 words?). So those short hubs will never really have any earnings till they meet the HubPages criteria.

1. Janus Joshua profile image68
      Janus Joshuaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

IS 1000 ENOUGH?

2. profile image0
      temptor94posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes 1000 is enough to get a featured hub. The Hub Tool's word count goals 700, 850, 1000, 1150 and 1250+ words. To be on the safe side, I have always gone for 1000+ words in my hubs so that they don't get unfeatured due to quantity.

working