Where Will I See Earnings From Hubbers I've Referred From My Tracker?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Deb Vesco Roberts profile image97
    Deb Vesco Robertsposted 7 weeks ago

I'm starting to recruit new Hubbers now that I have a feel and comfort for writing here myself and have 7 so far. One has started to write and few others are about to. I see all the other earnings reports from the HP ad program and Amazon, but I don't see where I will be able to track what I'm earning from my referrals. I assume we do indeed earn money from those who sign up under our tracker, correct? Also, I see in my filter dropdown, an Ebay earning option, but never have found a way to sign up for that. Have they done away with it and just never removed it from the menu? Thank you!

1. Susana S profile image97
      Susana Sposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Edited:

I think the referral trackers are still working because my traffic from them has gone up since I looked last time.

We've never been able to see an earnings breakdown from referrals but there is a section in earnings which shows our 10% traffic (go to earnings --> referral trackers). You can get a rough estimate of earnings from that.

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
        DrMark1961posted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Are you referring to that column on the right that has the number of page views from your referral trackers? I do not understand how to use that number to figure out any earnings from this program.

1. lobobrandon profile image90
          lobobrandonposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Consider a random probably lower than average CPM and calculate what you'd probably be getting, I guess.

2. Susana S profile image97

As Brandon says we can only do a crude estimate.

Maybe $2-4 per 1000 views. There's no way of knowing.

Amazon earnings are impossible to accurately gauge as well.

Years ago I had two referrals that did great on Amazon so I earned quite well from them, but I could only gauge that from looking at their hubs and comparing it to my Amazon sales.

If there is no way of knowing, it seems to me that HP does not want hubbers to use this program. Maybe I am wrong, but it seems to me like a "why bother?" Maybe it is there, maybe not. The same thing seems to hold true for that QandA program, and I certainly do not answer any questions expecting there to be any addittional earnings.

Deb Vesco Robertsposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

I'm not familiar with the Q&A program...what is that? Isn't that what this is? I agree, it seems very vague and unkept...and I'd think they'd want us recruiting new blood and to reward us for it. I went so far as to start a Facebook group for hubbers who want to collaborate, thinking that networking together might help with traffic and success.

As I said, maybe I am wrong. If they wanted to recruit people in this way, however, they could encourage people a lot more by allowing them to learn their earnings, even if they are not much.
                The QandA is a little capsule on the bottom of each of your articles that are have been moved ot a niche site. I just checked your Appalachain trail article and the QandA is there but no one has asked a question yet. When they do, your answer gets put on a separate page for a while, and for a long time if people still click on it. That page has ads, so you earn both on your regular page and the QandA page. How much do you earn, however? NO idea.
                Someone asked a question on my article about lizards and Google put the question at the top of the page for people searching for that issue. It gets a lot of traffic some days, but whether or not I get paid for that effort, and how much, is an open question.

Well, isn't that interesting!!!!  I have one article that is kicking Amazon butt...maybe people need to start asking questions on it! It's the one about cruise-ship organization. You do seem to be correct, that HP keeps the referral program a well-kept secret!

2. lobobrandon profile image90

There is a reason why HP does not outright give you earning details about your referrers. Many people here have found out that they were referrals and did not want the person who they signed up under to know how much they were earning. If you know your 10% that you are getting from your referral (say you have just one person under you) then you kind of know what the person is making each month.

1. wilderness profile image96
                    wildernessposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Good point, and very valid.

2. Susana S profile image97

I think it's just something that HP never had the money to develop properly with proper tracking etc so it's just the bare bones of a system.

Whether it's worth it is a different question.

In the old days it could be good. I remember one hubber had over 10 million views from referrals.

I've got over 800,000 without any real effort - but the 10% of views you get from them doesn't extend to the network sites - only Hubpages.

That makes putting effort into it  pretty pointless now.

1. lobobrandon profile image90

Oh, are you sure it does not extend to the network sites? I think I know the hubber you are referring to and also one of the referrals of that hubber big_smile

1. Susana S profile image97

I'm pretty certain I read that somewhere recently. I will see if I can find a reference. It might have been in an email because I asked about the referral program not that long ago.

The hubber I was thinking of is Darkside...smile

Do any of the HP team read these forums? Maybe they would be willing to provide an outline of the program? I asked in an email and got no response.

2. lobobrandon profile image90

Yup smile Glenn was the one. He was one of the first people I knew here on HP.

2. psycheskinner profile image85
    psycheskinnerposted 7 weeks ago

I am not certain that program is still running, but it would be https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/trackers

3. Isivwe Muobo profile image83
    Isivwe Muoboposted 6 weeks ago

You are likely right @psycheskinner as I also recruited one or two persons but this didn't reflect in my account.

The person or persons you referred are too new to this. See my comments to Deb.

4. Deb Vesco Roberts profile image97
    Deb Vesco Robertsposted 6 weeks ago

I have even messaged HP directly with this question, but no response. I can't be the only person wondering how this works?

5. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 6 weeks ago

I'd just as soon as have HP earning the full 40% from my account. The sooner the referral program is completely exterminated, the better. Its time has passed.

6. DrMark1961 profile image97
    DrMark1961posted 6 weeks ago

Do those 7 all have adsense accounts? Even if they are not writing, unless they are earning you will not be earning a percentage of what they make.
    Also, 10% is not very much. Even if that person has 1000 page views, and a CPM of $5.00, you are only going to see 50 cents. Have the people that entered this program through you even earned this much?
    You are not going to make much until one of those persons starts makig decent money here.
    Ebay is no longer an option here. Use Amazon instead.

Two of the seven have started publishing articles. I think one of them has Amazon links embedded And they both have AdSense. I am making a nice amount here now, and I don’t see but a few pennies of it being from Adsense, most of it comes from the HP advprogram and Amazon. And maybe it’s because I don’t know how to adjust my settings in Adsense to earn more here with it.  I would just like to know where they put the earnings from your trackers, should there be anything.

When the QandA program started on the niche sites I asked this question. I was told that the earnings are reported along with the rest of your earnings. That is, you cannot measure it. It is there if you choose it to believe that it is, or you can not participate in the program. I choose to not even bother participating in this earnings tracker program, which is going to earn you VERY little, if anything at all.
        You have to have Adsense before you can start earning on the HP program. It is not an "either/or". If those two people have adsense, and have signed up for the HP program, you can earn 10% of what they are earning. As I emphasized above, this is a very TINY amount.
        There is no adjusting your Adsense account that will help you earn more there. You will earn more with Adsense when you have more page views, but you will still earn more with the HP earnings program.

7. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
    PaulGoodman67posted 6 weeks ago

I don't worry about the tracker program nowadays. If you earn anything, it is pennies. It dates back to when HP sought to rapidly expand and was more focused on quantity rather than quality.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)