jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

We can use foreign keywords but not foreign tags.

1. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 7 years ago

If a keyword is a word in our article that search engines can look for and advertisers can bid on, yes, we can use foreign keywords in our Hubpages articles, as long as they don't outnumber English words. But foreign tags are not allowed period. Not even one foreign tag is allowed.

My question is: if we can't use tags to help the search engine find our foreign keywords, will the search engine still be able to do it? There are lots of foreign words with very little competition and a very large number of global searches per month.

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 7 years ago

Yes.

Tags create internal backlinks for those words but they aren't going to stop search engines ranking you for those words.

In fact I'm always adding new tags based on what the search engines are sending to my hubs. Simply click stats on your hub then click keywords.

Some of the longtail searches in particular can be quite funny, I've found!

3. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 7 years ago

Thanks, WryLilt. That's quite encouraging!

1. sofs profile image83
      sofsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wrylilt.. .. but some are nonsensical, spelling errors and stuff ...what to do with those..

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well if you're getting a lot of them, add them in. If it's only one hit, ignore it.

Hubpages will warn you when you're reaching maximum tags - but it takes awhile!

4. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 7 years ago

Por que no foreign tags?

1. sofs profile image83
      sofsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No French please... No understand   smile

2. Medora Trevilian profile image57
      Medora Trevilianposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It must be because HP staff are afraid we'll say something naughty. But of course we would never do that.

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yo si! lol Yo si!!! lol

working