- HubPages Tutorials and Community
How to Blog and Get More Visitors to Site?
Increase site traffic tips
many people ask me this question about blogs that how to blog in such a way that gets more visitors to blog.well answer to that is really simple to say but results only come if you put a little effort as well.As far as my blogging experience is concerned i have only found four answers to this question (how to blog and get traffic to blog?)and these four steps or ways to increase traffic to your site are
- Original Content
- Unique Content
- Keyword Search
all of these four thumb rules to get traffic to website,blog,hub must be applied combined as if anyone of them is missing then you won't get good results.There are maybe millions of software out there that say they will increase your site traffic i am not saying that all of them are fake but most of them are and those who are able to provide you with some visitors are in no way comparable to the organic traffic that google gives or you can say real traffic with real people.i Would suggest you to use any analytic or google analytics to keep a track of your website
which one is better?
Step-by-step guide to get more traffic to your hub/blog/site
now i am going to mention some step that will help you increase traffic to your blog,hub,site etc most of these are the same things that you have been reading all that time and you probably know a lot about that so i wont go into their details
Selecting and writing a article:
- First of all of course select a topic about which you have enough knowledge to write
- Then select the title of the article related to the topic selected dont make some very complicated title .Always think what would you type in the google search if you want some information about that topic.so select the title carefully .try google keyword tool for help.The title of a blog plays an important role in search engine ranking.Select a title that is related to your blog for example in simple words don't select a title like''dogs'' for a blog that is releted to cats.Select a title that is relevant to your blog content and that tells people what the blog is all about.And also use the title of the blog in the URL.Selection of right title for your blog is very important so don't ignore it.
- After you have selected the search engine optimized title think about the keywords you want to use in your post/content .Again use Google keyword tool to pick the most usefull keywords.keywords are those words that you type in google search when you are searching for something.Use of right keywords in your post plays an important role in your search engine ranking as search engines use keywords to find out what your content is al about.Try to use keywords atleast once or twice in your post and use keywords related to your post title .You can use google keyword tool to find out which keywords are searched most.You can use these keywords in the title of the post,in the content of your blog post and in the tabs.try to use relevant keywords that suits your blog.Imagine what would you write in the google search if you are looking for that post.There can be many keywords for a post you can also use phrases as keywords .Try to select maximum of three main keywords
- Now write the article content keeping in mind the Title and Keywords selected earlier try to use keywords in the content .Put the main keywords in the first and final paragraph.Search engines don't need copied content they are always looking for original and unique content.Always post original content written by you.I will not go into details of importance of original content you can read my other hub related to that later here..Just one thing Always write original content that people want to read .try to write something that is related to your blog title and that people will enjoy to read so they will come back to read you again.Be as descriptive as possible .A good post must have at least 500 words and a few pictures and videos related to post are good addition.1000-1500 word post is considered to be very good.Try to use those keywords in the post that people are searching
- Each phrase must be original and your own this is what search engines look .your real and unique article. original articles can easily get top ranking in search engines
- Please note one thing here one quality original article can earn much more money than copied and cheap articles so take your time to write one Good quality article
What to do after publishing article ?
once you have published a article if you don't get visitors there is no use of all the hard work in writing so now its time to get traffic to your search engine optimized article .the best way is to get back links but truly speaking that really difficult (specially for a lazy person like me :P) so i am going to tell you some of the basic things that you should do after you publish every article
- Ping it ! ping it as much as you can to update search engines here are some of the free pinging services that i regularly use
and of course facebook and twiter
- Submit your url or feed url to different url submission sites whenever you get a chance.This will give you a good steady traffic to your article
- submit your site/blog to google,yahoo,bing etc
Backlinks are the prince they give a link to your site from other sites and there is a general thinking that google prefers those sites which have both quality backlinks and quality posts so keep on building backlinks.Backlink building can be a hard part and it takes time to build strong backlink network.The easiest way to generate backlinks and promote your blog is the use of
- social networking sites like twitter and facebook
- use of social book marking sites like digg,stumbleupon,reddit,she told me etc
- Posting on forums related to your post and giving a link back to your site
- Frequent use of pinging services like pingomatic to ping your blog updates
- Article marketing on site like hubpages and ezinearticles etc
Don't loose hope !
Their are many other ways out there that can give you even more exposure but i will advice you you just stick you all this for now.just keep on producing quality articles and be patient no body becomes a millionaire in one night .you might have to wait for even months but dont loose hope just keep on publishing quality and original articles and you will see in a month or less you will get a steady flow to your link and ultimately a steady income as long as that article is published
I hope the above information was useful for you ..Good luck and please feel free to leave a comment or correct me if you think i was wrong somewhere i will appreciate .
- Google AdWords: Keyword Tool
- StumbleUpon.com: Personalized Recommendations to Help You Discover the Best of the Web
StumbleUpon is a discovery engine that finds the best of the web, recommended just for you.
- Feed Shark - Ping your blog, feed, or podcast for free!
Ping your blog, feed, or podcast for free!
- Digg - All Topics - The Latest News Headlines, Videos and Images
The best news, videos and pictures on the web as voted on by the Digg community. Breaking news on Technology, Politics, Entertainment, and more!