- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Help for New Hubbers
HubPages and SEO
Are HubPages good for SEO? Do they need SEO to be effective? How to SEO optimize your hubs to get better results?
If you are asking yourself any of questions above, you have come to the right place. I get those questions a lot so I decided to write a hub about HubPages and SEO. If you find my advices helpfull this hub has already served it purpose. If not, write me your thoughts... I will update it with more informations and answers.
Using HubPages for SEO purposes
I found HubPages to be quite effective for SEO of your websites, because it is present for quite a long time and quickly indexed. Before they moved hubs to subdomain it was my most favourite service for SEO support with mini websites. But even after this change I love HubPages, they still remain on of the top SEO resources.
Why I like using HubPages:
- Articles are indexed fast
- Hubs are fast and easy to set up (compared to Squidoo lense that can be more time consuming)
- Hubpages are SEO friendly
- I get nice extra sidemoney from Hubpages earning program
What I don't like some much (but don't really complain about it)
- Previously mentioned hubs move to subdomain (not really big deal since I have old account)
- You need rating above 75 to have dofollow links (not so good for new members)
A lot of people ask me if I recommend using rather Hubpages or Squidoo or Ezinearticles or some other service....
Well my answer is:
Why would you focus only on one? Use the all. Combine, link them together and get better results. These services are different, they all have advantages and disadvantages but in the end they have one purpose: They will do you good for SEO.
If you are reading this to decide wether to join Hubpages. Do it! It doesn't cost you anything, you can only gain something.
How to do SEO for your hubs
Hubs will require at least some SEO effort to be really effective in fulfilling their two main roles:
- getting traffic => earnings
- getting PR => SEO
So how do you do SEO for hubpages?
Basicaly the same as you would for any other website. The same SEO rules apply to hubs. Before you start thinking: "Oh I need backlinks.... And a lot of them, too." Stop it!
I urge you to start doing SEO on your hubs first. Huh? On-site search engine optimization rings a bell? Ohhh :)
To maximze the SEO potential do.
- write a good, short summary - this is your meta description, so have 160 words that search engines use in mind.
- use tags - it would be meta keywords. Even if search engines ignore them, why don't use it for visitors.
- optimize your hub title - yes, this is your page title.
- use headings (H2, H3, ...) - search engines love them, and so do visitors
- use the right keywords - check Google Keyword Tools for good keywords related to your topic
- update your hubs from time to time - search engines need, love, adore fresh content
Easy? Yes, but can be also as time consuming as the linking itself.