A - e
- - A distinctive anatomical feature, a derived trait, unique to a given terminal group. From the Greek words: aut=self, apo=away from, morphe=shape. Describing any charateristic that has evolved in only a single species (or other taxon)
- Relating to twilight
- - A space or gap between two teeth.
- During the day
F - j
- The remains or impression of a prehistoric organism preserved in petrified form.
- Of or relating to the study or tracing of lines of family descent
- Genera (plural of Genus - see below)
- Biology - A principal taxonomic category that ranks above species and below family, known by a capitalized Latin name, e.g., Leo.
- Front teeth in most heterodont mammals. (See 'heterodont' below.)
- Refers to animals which possess more than a single tooth.
K - o
- Ancestry, family, origin, background
- - Marmots are large squirrels in the genus Marmota.
- Done, occurring or active at night
P - u
- The study of evolutionary relationships among groups of organisms.
- Of or resembling the earliest ages in the history of the world
- A prehistoric squirrel
- They follow the common design of the rodents.
- In biology it simply means that they are Homo sapiens and they can breed
Is anything not understood completely? (Ask in comments.)
Tell me in your comments if there is anything missing from here .
© 2015 The Examiner-1