How to Get Nurse Practitioner Certificates with Ease
Online nurse practitioner programs
Perhaps the best development in nursing profession is the online nurse practitioner programs. Improvement in communication especially the internet makes this possible. Many people could now acquire nursing education by participating on online program. Many universities and colleges are running the program across the country.
Different nursing certificates could be obtained through this program. Here are some certificates students could earn from the program:
● LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
● CAN (Certified Nursing Assistant)
● RN (Registered Nurse)
● BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing)
● MSN (Master of Science in Nursing)
● NP (Nurse Practitioner)
● DNP (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
These certificates are genuine because they are from the best online universities in this country.
Schools that Offer Online Nurse Practitioner Programs
Leading universities and colleges in this country are offering this program online. Here are some of the universities that offer online nursing practitioners program in this country. They are:
● University of Phoenix
● Kaplan University
● Walden University
● Colorado University
● Grand Canyon University
● Capella University
● Liberty University
● Sentinel University
● Bradman University
● Illinois University
One could be notice from the list above that the best schools in the world offer this program. These are top universities in the country. Nobody will question certificates emanating from these universities. These institutions have all facilities in place for online nursing program courses. University of Phoenix for instance is the largest online university in the world.
What are the requirements and Cost for online Nurse practitioner programs?
The entry requirements for online nursing programs are not the same for all the schools offering the program. However, many of the schools consider the following factors before offering admission to students:
● Age of the applicant
● Educational qualification of the applicant
● Professional experiences of the applicant
It is advisable to go through the websites of universities and read the entry requirements for the programs. In terms of the cost of the program, it is cheaper than offline nursing program. The reasons for this are obvious:
● No cost of traveling to the campuses for lectures
● No cost for book procurements
● No cost for school accommodation
Participants on the program may not take education loan because it is affordable.
What are the Pros and Cons of Online Nurse practitioner Programs?
Some of the advantages of the program are:
1. The program is flexible; it gives time for participants, making it possible for them to work at the same time.
2. It saves money for participants. Some expenses are no longer needed.
3. Students could practice and learn. There is enough time at their disposal.
4. The student could run the program at their pace; they are not subjected to classroom pressure.
The disadvantages of the program are as follows:
1. There is no interpersonal communication and interaction such as students interacting with fellow students. Chances are there that people running the program may not know one another.
2. There could be lacking of discipline. This implies that students could not keep to schedule. The program is flexible.
3. Weight attached to online degree program is not the same as the regular offline program. Some people believe that such graduates are not high quality products.
4. There are chances of fake degrees. This is because of large number of schools running the program.
Online nursing programs are good. The certificates are genuine. Holders of such certificate could compare with other graduates elsewhere. People who acquire the program could get employment anywhere.