- Education and Science
10 Coincidences Between the Assassination of Presidents Lincoln and Kennedy
There have been four sitting presidents who have been assassinated: Presidents Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, and Kennedy, so there was bound to be some similarities between the assassin and the president. However, the similarities between the assassination of President Lincoln and Kennedy is downright spooky. Here are 10 eerie coincidences:
1.Both Lincoln and Kennedy Were Voted 100-Years Apart to the Congress.
President Lincoln was voted to Congress in 1846, while President Kennedy was voted to Congress in 1946.
2.Both Lincoln and Kennedy Were Voted 100-Years Apart to the Presidency.
Lincoln was voted to the presidency in 1860, and Kennedy in 1960.
3. John Wilkes Booth and Lee Harvey Oswald Were Born 100-Years Apart.
John Wilkes Booth was born in 1839, and Lee Harvey Oswald was born in 1939.
4. President Andrew Johnson and Lyndon Johnson Were Born 100-Years Apart.
President Andrew Johnson was born in 1808, and President Lyndon Johnson was born in 1908.
5. Both Presidents Lost Sons in the White House.
President Lincoln's son William died from Typhoid during his presidency, while President Kennedy’s son Patrick died two days after he was born.
6. Both Presidents Were Shot on Friday and in the Head.
President Lincoln died on Friday April 15, 1865, while President Kennedy died on Friday November 22, 1963. Lincoln was shot behind his left ear, and the kill shot of Kennedy was the round that struck his head.
7. Both Assassinated Presidents Were Replaced by Southerners Named Johnson.
Both President Andrew Johnson and Lyndon Johnson are both southerners.
8. Both Assassins and Presidents Had the Same Amount of Letters in Their Name.
Lincoln= 7 letters
Kennedy= 7 letters
John Wilkes Booth= 15 letters
Lee Harvey Oswald= 15 letters
9. Both Presidents Had Secretary's With the Other’s Name.
President Lincoln’s secretary was named Mrs. Kennedy who warned him not to go to the theatre night. President Kennedy had a secretary named Mrs. Lincoln who warned him not to go to Dallas.
10. Both Assassins Were Killed Before Their Trials.
John Wilkes Booth was killed by soldiers after they surrounded the barn he was hiding in when he refused to surrender. Lee Harvey Oswald was killed by club owner Jack Ruby.