Get Inspired with the Most Inspirational Quotes from Dr.APJ Abdul Kalam
We all know him in many ways and by many names.. Missile Man.. A Role Model for everyone..Great Visionary..People's President..Eminent Scientist..
Let us know something about this great person and also imbibe some of his great thoughts!
Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam was born on 15th October, 1931 in Rameswaram,Tamil Nadu to humble parents - Jainulabdeen and Ashiamma. His father was a boat owner and imam of a local mosque and his mother was a housewife. His father owned a ferry that took pilgrims back and forth between Rameswaram and Dhanushkodi. Kalam sold newspapers to supplement his family income when he was a kid.
Education and Career
- In school, Kalam had average grades but was described as a bright and hardworking student who had a strong desire to learn. He spent hours on his studies, especially mathematics.
- In 1955, he moved to Madras in order to study Aerospace Engineering in Madras Institute of Technology. While Kalam was working on a senior class project, the Dean was dissatisfied with his lack of progress and threatened to revoke his scholarship unless the project was finished within the next three days. Kalam met the deadline, impressing the Dean, who later said to him, "I was putting you under stress and asking you to meet a difficult deadline". Kalam was inspired after this event.
- Kalam had the dream of becoming a fighter pilot. But he narrowly missed achieving his dream, as he was placed ninth in qualifiers, while only eight positions were available in the Indian Air Force.
- After graduation in 1960, Abdul Kalam joined Aeronautical Development Establishment of DRDO as a Scientist. In 1969, he was transferred to ISRO where he was the project director of India's first indigenous SLV launch, which successfully deployed Rohini satellite in near earth orbit in July 1980.
- From 1992 until 1999, Dr.Kalam was appointed as the Chief Scientific Adviser to the Prime Minister and the Secretary of Defence Research and Development Organisation. It was during this time that he served as the Chief Project Coordinator for Pokhran II nuclear tests, after which he was fondly known as the “Missile Man of India”.
Dr.Kalam brought dignity to each and every field he joined, There had been endless proud moments achieved by Dr.Kalam. Some of them are mentioned as follows:
- He succeeded K. R. Narayan to serve as the 11th President of India from 2002 until 2007. He was one of the most loved politicians of the country and was widely referred to as the People's President.
- He was the proud recipient of Padma Bhushan Award in 1981, Padma Vibhushan Award in 1990 and Bharat Ratna Award in 1997, from the Government of India.
- Dr.Kalam was a scientist, writer, inspirational speaker and motivational figure. He had inspired millions of people through his incredible speeches and invigorating books. He had written lots of best selling books like 'Wings of Fire', 'Ignited Minds', 'India 2020' and so on.
- Kalam was nominated for Youth Icon of the Year award by MTV in 2003 (at the age of 73) and 2006 (at the age of 76).
15th Oct, 1931 - 27th July, 2015
The highly respected “missile man” and ex-President of India was giving a lecture at IIM Shillong when he collapsed due to a cardiac arrest on 27th July, 2015. As soon as the news broke out, the entire nation mourned the death of this great man who had inspired millions of people with his incredible achievements and personality.
The missing place of Dr.Kalam can never be filled again ever. He will be always in our hearts and minds.. He will be forever remembered with all the motivational quotes he told and inspirational books he gave to the world. Let us give him tribute by reading some of his most inspiring quotes with core of our heart.
Great thoughts for Motivation!
Motivate yourself in minutes by reading the most inspirational quotations by Dr.Abdul Kalam!
You have to dream before your dreams can come true.
Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work.
Dream is not that which you see while sleeping. It is something that does not let you sleep.
Once your mind stretches to a new level, it never goes back to its original dimension.
Be active! Take on responsibility! Work for the things you believe in. If you do not, you are surrendering your fate to others.
All Birds find shelter during rain. But Eagle avoids rain by flying above the Clouds. Problems are common, but attitude makes the difference.
We are all born with a divine fire in us. Our efforts should be to give wings to this fire and fill the world with the glow of its goodness.
Within the mind are all the resources required for successful living. Ideas are present in the consciousness, which when released and given scope to grow and take shape, can lead to successful events.
Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy the success.
If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.
Don’t read success stories, you will only get a message. Read failure stories, you will get some ideas to get success.
All of us do not have equal talent. But, all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.
It is very easy to defeat someone, but it is very hard to win someone.
When your hopes and dreams and goals are dashed, search among the wreckage, you may find a golden opportunity hidden in the ruins.
If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher.
To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal.
Let me define a leader. He must have vision and passion and not be afraid of any problem. Instead, he should know how to defeat it. Most importantly, he must work with integrity.
Excellence is a continuous process and not an accident.
You see, God helps only people who work hard. That principle is very clear.
One of the very important characteristics of a student is to question. Let the students ask questions.
Great dreams of great dreamers are always transcended.
My message, especially to young people is to have courage to think differently, courage to invent, to travel the unexplored path, courage to discover the impossible and to conquer the problems and succeed. These are great qualities that they must work towards. This is my message to the young people.
Failure will never overtake me if my definition to succeed is strong enough.
Thinking is the capital, Enterprise is the way, and Hard Work is the solution.
Suffering is the essence of success!
Confidence and Hard work is the best medicine to kill the disease called failure. It will make you successful person.
Climbing to the top demands strength, whether it is to the top of Mount Everest or to the top of your career.
No other democratic nation has 600 million youth. The ignited mind of the youth is the most powerful resource -- on the earth, above the earth, under the earth -- and we have that.
I will not be presumptuous enough to say that my life can be a role model for anybody; but some poor child living in an obscure place in an underprivileged social setting may find a little solace in the way my destiny has been shaped.