How to not forget what you study
Forgetting stuff that you study?Well here I will provide some tips that will help you to not forget.
1)Changing the way of studying.
It is not necessary that we should remember everything if we simply just try to study.
- If you have a plan worked out you will remember everything as you open the book.
- Most of us tries to finish one subject and then go to another.Instead,we should try to study 2-3 subjects in one day.
- Each subject uses a different part of brain. If we try to study more subjects it will increase our interest to study and helps us to understand things in a faster manner.
- If you happen to forget something you studied before try to remember the situation and place in which you studied it and it will surely help you to remember it.
- Close the eyes for a second and remember the page where you studied it.
- If you have written and studied it, then try to remember it.
- If you have studied any trick or code for remembering it, try to remember it and it will surely help you.
3) Preparing your mind.
- If you have studied in tension or without interest chances of remembering it are very negliglble.
- A mind without tension is the best road to success.
- A little warming up is good.Note down the points related to the topic.Clear all the doubts that come to your mind and read the subheadings.
4) Copy and paste.
Usually we use two ways to study.
- Understanding the subject while teaching and keeping the points in memory.
- The things we study by-heart.
- The things we study by-heart should be like copy and paste. Usually we forget these mostly ,so it is necessary to study some tricks or codes along with it.
- The things which are to be studied word by word should be highlighted.
- Try to remember those while travelling also.
- Sayings and poems should be studied wholly and not word by word.
- Make a list of hard words and try to remember them from time to time.
5) Keeping the study time punctually.
Do not sit to study with a mind that you have lots to study.
- First write how much you are intending to study.
- It is generally better to study not more than 40 minutes in a time.
- If you try to study more you will lose in balancing the dead line so maintain a balance.
- If you do not revise what you studied in two days you will forget almost 80% of it.
- Revise what you studied in one hour and then in one day and one week and in a break of one month, If you revise like this, you will never forget it.
- It is necessary to give the brain some time to catch up.
- Try to give an interval in every 40 minutes of about 10 minutes.
- In this time get up from your seat and stretch your body or do a walk.
- Make a session's least time 40 minutes and maximum time one and half hours.
7) Some tricky ways to remember.
- We can use simple tricks in our studies that may seem crazy but very effective in remembering.
- For example when writing "believe" we may have a doubt about the "ie" or "ei".So try to remember the sentence "never believe a lie" in it the "lie"has the same spelling of believe and it helps us to remember.
- You can find yourself many methods that may suit you.
8) Difficult portions.
- The way in which we can study depends on our previous knowledge and interest.
- If you do not have the previous knowledge then you will lose the link.
- Read and record one or two pages and listen to it and create a note.In this way we study through reading,writing and hearing and it will be a stronger memory.
- Do not underline in the first reading and underline only those parts which are difficult.
9) Removing exam fear.
- If you study fearing the exam then probably you will forget half the portion.
- Start making revision plan 2 months before exam.
- Revise each and every subject.
- Check and list the portions to study.
- When one portion is over , tick it.It will increase the confidence.
- Keep formulas and important parts like flashlights.
- Take a model paper and write an exam yourself.
Did you find this useful?
10) When you get the question paper.
- Read from beginning to end
- When you see questions you know be happy and do not be tensed over questions you do not know.
- Make time for each questions.
- Objective types-15 seconds to one minute.
- paragraph type-5 to 10 minutes
- Essay type-25 minutes.
- Believe in yourself .If your heart beat increases and you start sweating do not be tensed.
- Relax and breathe in and out.
- If you forget a question try and select the next question, you my get the answer for it afterwards.
- Be confident.
- Pray to God and start writing in good handwriting.
best of luck......
Check out my poems.
Earn Rs 100
Sign up for amazon.in using this link and earn Rs 100 on your first purchase of Rs 300.
- Signup For HubPages for free and start earning money while having fun.
Signup for hubpages and meet a great community and make a career for yourself.