Study Skills: 12 Tips on Test Taking
To be able to get good results on your exam, you need to study, but no matter how hard you study if you don't know how to go about taking a test, whether multiple choice or essay, you won't score the highest possible mark. Here are some tips on how to ace that test.
1. Arrive early or at least on time. Get a friend to exchange wake up calls just in case.
2. Expect and accept that you are going to experience a bit of stress.
3. Take time to read the questions thoroughly and follow instructions. Be clear on what is being asked. Highlight key words in the instructions. Listen to any last minute instructions.
4. Be aware of time restrictions and budget your time. Start with the easiest questions first.
5. Spend more time on the questions that have the highest marks value. For example: If an essay question is worth half the test value, plan to spend at least half the allotted test time on that portion.
6. Don't spend too much time on questions you don't know the answers. Leave them and return to them later. If you still can't answer, have a guess ( remember, there are no penalties for guessing.)
7. Pace yourself. Work quickly, but not hastily.
8. Don't panic, if you have a memory lapse. It is normal.
9. Don't worry if others finish before you do.
10. Make sure you answer every question on the test and do not change your answer without a good reason.
11. Use all your allocated time. If you finish early, read over your work. Double check you have answered all questions. Check spelling and grammar. It's easy to make silly mistakes.
12. Make sure you label and correctly identify all your work before turning in your test. Don't forget to write you name.
Improve your study skills
- Study Skills: How to improve your concentration
One of the main causes of missing of what you are reading is a lack of concentration. When your attention wanders words slip by and leave you with little memory of what you have read. Read more to find out.
- Study Skills: How To Study
These Study Tips are for any student who would like to stick to a good study regime. You don't have to be the TOP Brain to do that---anybody can do it by following these simple rules and tips. Its your call...
- Study Skills: Six Research Strategy Secrets
The following checklist and questions are guide for students while they are doing their research for their assignments, it will help students to acquire and developed their skills in finding the right information not only during the students' high life but also in the years ahead whether they are doing a university or vocational courses.
- Study Skills: Important Keywords To Remember
Good answers to test questions often depend upon a clear understanding of the meaning of important key words, knowledge of the subject matter or topic you are dealing with is essential, but the way you. answer the questions will get a much higher mark. So check this hub to get some tips.....