- Education and Science»
25 Inspiring Quotes & Videos That Will Stop You From Giving Up In Life
How are Motivational Quotes Helpful....
It may be easier said than done to quote great sayings of great lives from history. However, my main intention behind publishing this hub is to share some rare view-points of great lives that have helped me during the darkest hours of my life. We cannot copy them because each life is different - like fingerprints. Therefore, each situation and circumstance is unique. So life cannot be put into a template. However, life offers its own, mystic way of taking us through the path of cause and effect that polishes and enriches us as human beings.
Exemplary quotes and sayings can only help clear the doubts in our mind and stand as an aid, rather than a ready remedy. It is helpful to read these motivational sayings of people who have achieved the exemplary in life through wisdom.
This hub of mine is also interspersed with some youtube videos of some of the very people whom I have quoted.
I hope you will find this read useful and inspirational....
Here we go...
1. As is a tale, so is life: not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters. - Seneca
2. Failure set me free, because my greatest fear had been realized, and I was still alive, and I still had a daughter whom I adores, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea. And so, rock bottom became the solid foundation upon which I rebuilt my life. - J.K. Rowling
J.K. Rowling's Harvard Commencement Speech
The above video of Rowling's Harvard Commencement Address from 2011 is a very inspiring video where she interprets the benefits of failure through examples from her own life. This entire speech has also been transcribed into a small book - "Very Good Lives".
Personally, I have read this book at least a hundred times whenever I have felt I am about to give up on anything.
3. What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality. - Plutarch
4. A man should look for what is and not for what he thinks should be. - Albert Einstien
5. The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts: therefore, guard accordingly, and take care that you entertain no notions unsuitable to virtue and reasonable nature. - Marcus Aurelius
6. Nothing makes us more vulnerable than loneliness except greed. - Thomas Harris, Silence of the Lambs
7. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. - Mahatma Gandhi
8. In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently. - Tony Robbins
Brene Brown's powerful TED Talk on the Power of Vulnerability
If you do not see this video, you will not have seen the most revealing story of your own life! Brene Brown's powerful TED Talk on the power of vulnerability describes our very essence as human beings - how we can transform our biggest fears into our biggest victories and that the power lies inside us.
9. Vulnerability is the birthplace of love, belonging, joy, courage, empathy, and creativity. It is the source of hope, empathy, accountability, and authenticity. If we want greater clarity in our purpose or deeper and more meaningful spiritual lives, vulnerability is the path. - Brene Brown
10. Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is, living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the voice of others' opinions drown out your own voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. - Steve Jobs
11. Never stop fighting until you arrive at your destined place - that is, the unique you. Have an aim in life, continuously acquire knowledge, work hard, and have perseverance to realize the great life. - A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
12. Greatness begins beyond your comfort zone. - Robin Sharma
13. To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. If you are not prepared to be wrong, you will never come up with anything original. - Sir Ken Robinson
"Do Schools Kill Creativity?" Watch Sir Ken Robinson's most compelling video on youtube which will make you realize not only what you have missed in your childh
15. Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. - Thomas Alva Edison
16. Don't compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do that, you are insulting yourself. - Bill Gates
17. You renew yourself every day. Sometimes you are successful, sometimes you are not, but it is the average that counts. - Satya Nadella
18. None can destroy iron but its own rust can. Likewise, none can destroy a person but his own mindset can. - Ratan Tata
19. If you're changing the world, you're working on important things. You're excited to get up in the morning. - Larry Page
20. Success? I don't know what that word means. I'm happy. But success, that goes back to what in somebody's eyes success means. For me, success is inner peace. That's a good day for me. - Denzel Washington
21. The difference between winning and losing is most often not quitting. -Walt Disney
22. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. - Eleanor Roosevelt
23. The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. - Dolly Parton
24. It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. - Charles Darwin
25. Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm. - Winston Churchill