2012 It's Not The End It's Just The Beginning
The year is 2012, my baby is graduating from High School and I am very proud of her. I get a little teary eyed thinking back over the years. She has transformed from my sweet little innocent child into a mature young lady. She doesn't see college in her future however she does see herself as a cosmetologist. She's always been into the hair and makeup so why not expand on that. Who knows, she could be a renound make up artist one of these days.
As we prepare for her future I need to take a step back and plan the graduation party of the year. I've been keeping a mental check list yet I know that if I don't put it down on paper, I will forgot something that could be vitally important. Planning this party will be an on going process for the next three months so I am sure there will be more to add and suggestions to be made. I know the excitement will build, nerves will set in but that has to wait awhile. They still have so much more to look forward to before the big day. They have prom, after breakfast prom with fun and prizes, senior week which is full of activities and then they will be entering a new journey in their lives. Until then ... let's get this list going!!
- Venue - Back Yard Barbeque at her Godmother's house.
- Tables, Chairs and Tents.
- Table Clothes - - Maroon & White - School colors.
- Plates, Bowls, Cups and Silverware - - Maroon & White - School colors.
- Napkins - Maroon & White - School colors.
- White & Maroon Balloons - School colors.
- Congrats Balloons tied to tents in various spots.
- Salt, Pepper, Cheese,Catchup, Mustard, Pickles, Relish, Green Olives and Black Olives.
- Menu: Burgers, Dogs, Grilled Chicken, Kielbasa and Steak Tips.
- Macaroni Salad, Pasta Salad & Spaghetti Salad.
- Potato Salad and Sweet Potato Salad.
- Vegetable Platter.
- Fruit Platter.
- Corn on the Cob.
- Soda - Regular and Diets.
- Graduation Cake. - Chocolate with picture of her in the middle, white frosting with maroon piping.
- Photo albums with pictures of her over the years.
- Give everyone a chance to say something to her or share a funny story.
- Music - Include Karaoke. ( possibly hire a DJ )
- Bouncy House for the kids.
- Water balloons.
- Badminton or Volley Ball.
And this my friends is how you prepare a graduation party.