A Few Things About The Number 23.
Random factlets about the number 23, the number of Chaos.
The number 23 has long been a source of fascination, even more than other prime numbers...
What is it about this unusual number?
- 23 is a prime number.
- 2 + 3 = 5, another prime number.
- 23 is the ninth prime number:
2 3 5 7 11 13 17 19 23
- According to Math.com, the name for a 23 sided polygon would be "Icosikaitrigon" or even "23gon".
I propose we call it "Illuminatigon".
- The interior angles of an Illuminatigon are 164.34782608695653 degrees. It has 3780 interior angles.
Higher Math, In Depth
- Prime Curious: 23
Deeper mathematical curiousities of the number 23, from The Prime Pages.
The Illuminatus & the Number 23 - Discordian Numerology
Robert Anton Wilson's related books, The Illuminatus Trilogy, theorize that historically significant and just plain weird events happen on the 23rd more often than statistically probable.
See also 23 Golden Apples.
Science & 23
- Human gametes have 23 chromosomes each.
- The Earth is tilted on a roughly 23 degree axis.
- The 23rd pair of chromosomes determines biological sex in humans.
- The 23rd element on the Periodic Chart is Vanadium, which is bright white, soft, and toxic.
Philosophy, History, & Letters 23
- The 23rd hexagram of the I Ching is Po ~ Splitting Apart.
- In the Tao The Ching, 23.
- W is the 23rd letter of the Roman alphabet.
- Benjamin Harrison was the 23rd President of the United States.
- A 1998 German movie called 23 gave the story of 80's hacker Karl Koch, probable inventor of the first Trojan Horse virus. Karl was fascinated by The Illuminatus Trilogy and is rumored to have committed suicide on the 23rd of May, 1989.
- The Number 23, a movie starring Jim Carrey & Virginia Madsen, is about a man who discovers and becomes obsessed with a book seemingly about his life...
And the number 23.