25 Amazing Facts You Didn't Know
We all love to know things and find out more of those amazing facts that are out there, but somehow haven't reached us yet. Sometimes it can even give us a whole new insight.
So I hereby present to you: 25 Amazing Facts You Didn't Know!
1. Scientists have created a device that can replace your heart, but users will no longer have a pulse.
2. People who meditate frequently are less likely to suffer from depression.
3. Singing is good for your lungs and hearts and releases endorphins that make you feel better.
4. Contrary to popular belief, men also have a monthly hormonal cycle, complete with increased negative emotions such as anxiety, frustration, anger and others.
5. Dancing has been scientifically proven to make you healthier and smarter.
6. In Japan it's against the law to be overweight.
7. In Germany and Belgium (where I live), it's not illegal to try to escape from prison as the desire to be free is considered to be a basic human instinct.
8. Every single person you see in a dream is someone you've seen at some point in your life. It's impossible to dream of strangers.
9. In Brazil, you can shorten your sentence by 4 days for every book you read and subsequently write a report on.
10. Putting dry tea bags in smelly shoes absorbs the odor.
11. According to the theory that space is infinite, there's an exact copy of you somewhere in the universe. This also means that anything you can possibly imagine will exist somewhere out there.
12. The doctor who claimed a link between vaccines and autism has admitted to creating fake data for his paper and lost his medical license as a result.
13. It's impossible to lick your elbow.
14. When you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.
15. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib.
16. If you try to suppress that sneeze however, you risk rupturing a blood vessel in your head and die.
17. The force of sneezing is so strong that if you were to keep your eyes open, an eyeball might pop out!
18. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
19. It's impossible to kill yourself by holding your breath. You would lose consciousness and your body would resume breathing.
20. The original coca-cola was green.
21. Adolf Hitler only had one testicle and was a vegetarian.
22. Honey doesn't spoil. Archaeologists found honey in ancient egyptian tombs that was still edible.
23. The song "happy birthday" is copyrighted.
24. Every continent ends with the same letter it starts with (in English).
25. Your stomach has to renew its lining every two weeks or it'll digest itself.