25 Italian Love Phrases
Italian Love Phrases
There is no shortage of Italian love phrases within the Italian language, which is not to surprising as Italians love to talk and express their love and desires as often as possible. They are known for their wooing and romantic techniques, American women are often warned of the ploys of the flirtatious Italian men.
The Italian language belongs to the romance family, a beautiful language and most closely related to it’s original roots of Latin. There is something romantic and fun to speaking to your love in another language, even if you are not fluent in it. Here are 25 Italian love phrases you can use to whisper in your lovers ear.
I Love You in Italian
1. Ti amo - I love you. This is the version only used for a husband/wife, fiancée.
2. Ti voglio bene - I love you. This is the version used for friends, family, boyfriend and girlfriends. Used more commonly on a day to day basis to your love.
3. Ti voglio tanto bene - I love you very much!
4. Sono innamorata/innamorato di the - I am in love with you.
5. Voglio baciarti - I want to kiss you
6. Sei la mia vita - You are my life
7. Ti adoro - I adore you
8. Ho un debole per the - I am weak for you
9. Amore mio - My love
10. Baciami! - Kiss me!
I enjoy listening to Italian love songs, they are so full of passion. In this video below Lucio Dalla is performing his hit Caruso, although it is commonly referred to as Ti Voglio Bene, one of my favorites.
Caruso - Ti Voglio Bene
More Romantic Italian Love Phrases
11. Parlami d’amore - Speak to me of love
12. Sei piu bella/bello del mondo - You are the most beautiful/handsome in the world
13. Vivo per the - I live for you
14. Ho bisogno di the - I need you
15. Sono pazzo/pazza di the - I am crazy about you
Another one of my favorite musicians in Italy is Eros Ramazzotti. Here is the video to one his songs I often to listen to with my speakers turned up high.
Piu Bella Cosa
Speaking of Love
16. Sei amore della mia vita - You are the love of my life
17. Grazie d’esistere - Thank you for existing
18. Portrei guardarti tutto il giorno - I could look at you all day
19. Tesoro mio - My treasure
20. Sono tutto tuo/tua - I am all yours
21. Ti mangerei - I want to eat you up
22. Voglio invecchiare con the - I want to grow old with
23. Ti penso sempre - Thinking of you always
24. Mi manchi - I miss you
25. Il mio cuore batte solo per the - My heart beats only for you
This is truly a short list of Italian love phrases. They have many ways of saying and expressing love, devotion and passion. The different regions in Italy also have their own dialects and phrases they use. For now you can have fun sprinkling an Italian love phrase here and there; use them in love letters, text messages or asking for a kiss!