5 Things to Ponder on Before Hating YOUR life
Failure. Fear. Rejection. These are few of the many things that push you to the edge of the Platform we call “life”. Little depressions that sink in to your heart and break it subtly piece by piece until you are left helpless and hopeless. Well, before you do any harm to your self, read on.
1. You matter. You are created you. You were born to be you. As Doctor Seuss puts it, there's no one YOUER than YOU. I know that this might be a cliché but this might also be the tiniest thing that you need to realize to live better. You were born for a purpose. And that purpose? I can't tell you. Because the answer lies to the very thing that you don't value enough, that you don't care for enough-- You. You have to realize that your worth is not defined by the people around you. Your capabilities, your strengths, your beauty. How you see all that you are is what really matters.
2. You are not alone. Perhaps you thought that you carry the world on your shoulders (insert melo-dramatic violin music here). Let's not get so self-pitying here. You see, you are not the only person in the world who lives like that. You may say that you experience the deepest pains that a person can ever feel-- well, I'm not saying anything against that. I am not refuting you. I understand your sorrows and pain. But believe me, dear, the fact of the matter is there are a whole lot of people suffering harder than you do. Most of them, even younger than you. You can't be this selfish thinking that you want to give up on life because you are tired of living the way you live when these little ones suffer more than you do. The child on the rightmost side of the picture, he looks happy, e? His father just died a month ago due to a cargo truck that crushed him. His mom does not work because she has just given birth. There are three of them, the eldest is 7 years of age. You are luckier enough to be thankful, aren't you?
3. The greatest joys are found in the simplest things. No millions of money? No big house? No cool car? No big deal! Remember the first time you looked at the sky and saw millions of stars and you felt so amazed and wondered what lies beyond there? Remember when your mom carried you in her arms when you were so little and fragile. How she held your little hand and kissed your forehead with so much gentleness? Look at the smile on that baby's face and see how delicate it is. The wind that you breathe in which is free. The laugh of little children full of innocence. The flower that blooms on itself in season. The spring. The dew on the grass. Can't you see how much there is to be thankful for? You can't just say that your problems outnumber these precious things because you know that there are thousands of these out there. :)
4. “You can do anything you want as long as you make up your mind. You can do it.” I know that you think that you are hopeless. That there is nothing you can do to alleviate your situation. That you are a failure. That's a lie. Life has endless possibilities. Here is Ricky Hoyt. He is a person with disability but this did not dictate him on what he CAN do. His father Dick Hoyt, showed an endless devotion and love to his son and let his son feel that even with his situation, running a triathlon is not an impossibility. What about you dear? What drains your hopes? Let not your flaws and weaknesses limit you. If this man, despite his situation, tried his best and showed he CAN, all the more you should not give up. You have to keep believing. Your situation is not a dead end. YOU CAN.
More than faith, this is love.
5. Life is NOT unfair. Yep. You've read it right. Life is life. Your situation does not characterize if life is fair or not. It is given that in life you experience positive and negative things. There is nothing you can do to make it perfect. Well, given that situation, HOW WOULD YOU ACT?You see, dear, when you experience pain, suffering, hardships and challenges, that's normal. That's what you call life. Now when you experience happiness, joy and love, that's what you call grace.