- Education and Science
Aurora Over Norway Popular Time Lapse Video
Day One of the Thirty Day Hubpage Challenge
April Fools Day
This first day of the 30-Day Hubpage Challenge beginning the month of April 2011 starts with a phenomenal video. Whether I am the fool for pushing myself beyond normal limits, or Hubpages will fool the community into participating in this adventure will be determined in the coming days and weeks.
I'm thinking about a theme for this month. Perhaps it will develop and adapt over time. Maybe a structure or theme will begin to surface and I'm looking forward to your comments on what might be a good theme. Each day will add a new piece to the puzzle. I've got lots of ideas up my sleeve with never a loss of creativity.
Today's spiritual hub shares with you an uplifting natural phenomena caught on film. This popular video turned up on my FaceBook stream a couple of week's ago and today was received in my email in-box as a link, directing me to the highly recommended "Astronomy Picture of the Day" website.
AURORA FROM SPACE | Many months later a spectacular view of aurora around the globe from the space station will tantalize you.
Are You Taking The Hubpages Challenge?
Are you participating in the April 2011 30-Day Challenge?
Coffee Table Aurora Book
Coffee Table Book
As in the incredible video highlighted in this hubpages article, you may have open these pages and flip through them on your lap. In Northern Lights, photographers Calvin Hall and Daryl Pederson provide one hundred photographs, shot from remote locations all over Alaska without the use of filters or digital enhancement.
In addition, George Bryson tells the legends, myths, and science surrounding this polar phenomenon.
About the Author
Calvin Hall has published his work in National Geographic Adventure, Esquire, and Alaska Magazine, among others. He lives in Anchorage.
Daryl Pederson has been photographing the northern lights since the 1980s. He lives in Girdwood, Alaska, and owns a photography studio in Anchorage.
George Bryson writes for the Anchorage Daily News and teaches at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. He lives in the Chugach foothills in southeast Anchorage.
Time-Lapse Auroras Over Norway is a copyrighted film accredited to photographer Terje Sørgjerd. You can visit his FaceBook photography page. The background music is accredited to Hans Zimmer andLisa Gerrant from the 2000 Academy Award and Golden Globe-winning film Gladiator using the "Now we are Free" track. Stars of this film included Russell Crowe (who won the Academy Award for Best Actor for his role as "Maximus" in the film Gladiator), Joaquin Phoenix, Connie Nielsen, Oliver Reed and Richard Harris. The Lyndhurst Orchestra performing the score was conducted by Gavin Greenaway.
This particular aurora occasion showcased one of the largest auroral displays in recent between the borders of Norway and Russia. Relax, meditate and enjoy the swiftly moving sky and ghostly aurora grassy green colors float in the upper atmosphere over snowy landscapes, forests, mountains, and the blue lakes around Kirkenes, Norway. As explained in the following paragraphs, high energy particles strike the Earth's atmosphere, causing the air to glow as electrons recombine with their oxygen hosts. Like a gas flame flickering, depending upon the elements like sulphur, nitrogen and iron will produce different colors, In the aurora lights, the nitrogen will flash sparks of color. Notice the moon and stars in the lit sky. Because these phenomena are due to sun activity, projected frequency will increase in the coming years.
I propose interesting episodes since the shift and change in the earth's rotation due to the Japan earthquake and the following release of radioactive gases into the air. I'm looking forward to future video captures of these events.
Aurora Viral Video On YouTube & Vimeo
Dino Pacifici on Amazon
Ambient jazz musician, Dino Pacifici, provides the opportunity for $.99 downloads of his tunes. Truly background listening to set the mood, with a mix of instrumentation you're sure to love.
Waves Sets The Mood
Waves by Terje Rypdal. Before Waves, Rypdal had spent a few years fine-tuning Miles Davis'jazzfunkfusion legacy. This piece sets the mood, very mysterious violins. You'll love it.
What is an Aurora?
A night time phenomena viewed from the polar regions of the planet provides a mysterious spiritual experience. These "northern or southern lights" or "polar auroras" occur in the ionosphere. They are also referred to as polar auroras.
An aurora may appear in the night sky when quickly moving charged particles, like electrons and protons, emitted from the sun travel along magnetic fields around the earth. As these particles move through the ionosphere the nitrogen molecules of our atmosphere collide and hit these moving particles. As they move toward the North and South poles, light energy is emitted as some of the electrons slow down and some molecules store energy and become "excited" from the collision. An excited atom or molecule can return to the non-excited state (ground state) by sending off a photon, i.e. by making light.
- Shooting the Aurora Borealis Highly recommend reading Dick Hutchinson's story and clicking to open his photoshoots!
- David Stern's educational files Learn a whole lot more about the entire Magnetosphere in space. David Stern, Emeritus, Goddard Space Flight Center Outlines his thoughts for the sky centered people on earth.
- The Polar Aurora Learn more about viewing the green rays of light in Alaska, Canada, Norway, Finland and Northern Russia
- Natural Science Classroom A whole FAQ and Classroom of information and activities, including an observatory
- Aurora Exploratorium Called "paintings in the sky" get more of your questions answered, like how far away are they and how big are they?
- Aurora Pictures A gallery list of images from public citizens, scientists and posted on NASA website
- Geophysical Institute Discover why we see green and red colors based upon the type of element oxygen and nitrogen become split upon collision at high speeds.
As you view the magical experience of the night sky aurora, you can see how poet this Latin word for dawn, Aurora, evolved in ancient Roman mythology and inspired the goddess of dawn.
Urban Vacation Terje Lie Rated 5 STARS
You'll know why they call it "Smooth Jazz" when you listen bassist Jimmy Haslip and keyboardist/composer/producer Jeff Lorber. A funky mix of horns, drums, bells, synthesizer and piano. Forty-three minutes of listening enjoyment. Check out the samples listed as avant garde, fusion and smooth jazz.
About the Author
Contact Debby: If you have any further questions she is always happy to talk with you. If You Enjoy Hubpages You may want to Join Now.
Debby Bruck, CHOM loves to learn about the universe and how the world works. She has taught qigong, healing movement and guided imagery. Debby now provides a Sunday night meditation on BlogTalkRadio. Debby believes that homeopathy is the wave of the future that provides hope and healing to those who have tried every other approach. Follow Debby on Twitter. Only professional homeopaths apply to this community, while the information is open to the public. Check out the remedy kits under the marketplace.
Disclaimer: This Information is for Educational Purposes Only
- The information on this blogsite is posted for educational purposes only, and not intended to constitute medical or legal advice. As with any important medical or legal matter, you are advised to consult an experienced health care provider and/or knowledgeable attorney concerning your specific health & vaccine exemption or waiver concerns.
- No attorney-client relationship or doctor-patient relationship is intended, implied or created by the posting or viewing of information on this site; nor is a doctor-patient or an attorney-client relationship created by the submission or exchange of questions or information via email or otherwise with Debby Bruck
- Readers are responsible for their use of information provided on this blog or linked to from this site. Debby Bruck assumes no liability for the same.
- Debby Bruck has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on this blog site, but absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Always check with your health care provider
- If You Enjoy Hubpages You may want to Join Now.
I stumbled this page
User-agent: Mediapartners-Google Disallow: