Basic General Knowledge With Objective Questions - I
- Rods and Cones are the colour sensitive cells of the eyes.
- Rods require very low level of light. They do not help in colour vision. Human eye has more than 100 millions of Rod cells.
- Cones help in colour vision. They require more amount of light.
- Narmada and Tapti make estuaries in India.
- River Ganga flows through five states in India, namely, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal.
Indian National Movement
- Allen Octavian Hume was the first general secretary of Indian National Congress (INC).
- Moderate leaders of INC: W.C. Bannerjee, Gopal Krishna Gokhale, Ferozeshah Mehta, George Yule, R.C. Dutt etc.
- 1907: First split in Congress.
- 1916: Lucknow session presided by Ambika Charan Majumdar, a moderate leader, congress was reunited.
Books written by Mahatma Gandhi:
- Key to Health
- My Experiments With Truth
Compilations of Mahatma Gandhi's Writings
- Third class in Indian Railways
- Non -Violent Resistance
- Pathway to God
- Health Guide
- Gandhi on Christianity
- My Religion
Central Bank: RBI is the central bank of India. It is the apex bank.
Money Control Tools of RBI (Reserve Bank of India):
- Bank Rate: This is the rate at which RBI lends money to commercial bank without any security.
- Repo Rate: The rate of interest at which RBI lends money to commercial banks against securities, when there is financial crisis. Commercial banks sell their securities or bonds with an agreement to repurchase them at a certain date on a predetermined price.
- Reverse Repo Rate: The rate at which RBI borrows money from the commercial bank. It is done to absorb excess of liquidity from the market. Higher the rate less liquidity in the market.
- CRR: Commercial Banks are required to maintain a certain proportion of their deposits in the form of cash as a reserve with Central Bank.The real objective behind maintaining the CRR is to prevent the shortage of funds in meeting the demand by the depositor while commercial banks do not get any interest on that reserve. They have to maintain it in the current account with RBI.
SLR: SLR stands for Statutory Liquidity Ratio. In addition to the cash reserve ratio the commercial banks are required to maintain with them a proportion of deposits in the form of liquid assets such as gold, cash reserve, government approved securities, treasury bills etc. Here, liquid assets means assets that are readily convertible into cash form. If SLR is not maintained then RBI imposes penalty rate on commercial banks.
- Rafflesia Arnoldi (Padma Raksasa ) is recognised as a rare flower in the world and it smells like a rotten flesh. That's why it is nicknamed as "Corpse Flower".
- It's one of the three national flowers of Indonesia, the other two are Moon Orchid and White Jasmine.
- The flower doesn't contain chlorophyll.
- It lives as a parasite.
Family of different mammals
Dogs, Wolves, Foxes, Jackals
Cattle Sheep Goats Antelope
Cats (Tiger, Lion, jaguar, Leopord, Puma)
Test your General Awarenessview quiz statistics
© 2017 sonal