Blessings of Science
Someone aptly said: Art is I, Science is We.
There are a lot of blessings of science. New inventions of science comforting our life. We are using these inventions to tackle the difficulties and problems of the 21st Century.
Science has given man a scientific outlook. It has broadened our views and enhanced our vision. Today, people do not want to accept those superstitions which their forefathers did not want to refuse. Science has made progress in different fields of life. Science has produced advancement in different areas of animation. It makes us explore the world.
Science has progressed to this world a global village. One of the most important inventions of science is electricity. It plays important role in the development of modern industries. Its importance is clear from this fact that if it were stopped for a few hours, life would get inactive. It has made great progress in the field of engineering, medical, and transportation.
The distance which we traveled in the days now complete in hours.
Science is still progressing and hope it continues in our favor.
• In the study of engineering science made much progress still continue to act thusly. Tall buildings, large bridges and many complex structures are the turning points. The different heavy machinery is the core of modern manufacture.
• Engineers built dams to store water and then use this water to move turbines in order to produce electricity. Engineer make different types of motors which are helpful to save our time in daily life. Different types of vehicles have shortened our distances.
• Engineers make defense system of every country strong. They make security system more safe,secure and dependable. This is entirely due to the advance of scientific discipline.
• This is most important field in which science has achieved a landmark. Nowadays surgeries of nose and eyes are common. Today, doctors can even operate heart and can replace it.
Surgeons must be very careful
When they take the knife!
Underneath their fine incisions
Stirs the Culprit — Life!
~Emily Dickinson, c.1859
• New medicines help us a lot.
• Internet, one of the most important things we have in our routine life. It is our tutor as well as helper. It supports us in our different tasks.
• The mobile phone is also a great blessing which we never forget in this epoch.
It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.
Some facts about Engineering:
- Engineers solve practical problems by applying mathematical and scientific knowledge.
- The word engineer comes from a Latin word meaning ‘cleverness’.
- Golf balls have dimples because they help reduce drag, this allows the ball to fly further than a smooth ball would.
- Used for water distribution, the Delaware Aqueduct in New York, USA is the longest tunnel in the world (as of 2010). Drilled through solid rock, it reaches a staggering 137 kilometres (85 miles) in length.
- High speed passenger trains in China reach speeds of up to 350 kph (220 mph).
Some facts about Medical Science
- Your tongue has a unique print similar to your fingerprints.
- Your brain is more active at night than during the day.
- The storage capacity of human brain exceeds 4 Terabytes.
- Muscle tissue is three times more efficient at burning calories than fat.
There are more than 600 individual skeletal muscles and 206 bones in your body.
Some facts about Technology
- 60 billion emails are sent daily, 97% of which are spam.
- 9 out of every 1,000 computers are infected with spam.
- The first known cell phone virus, Cabir.A, appeared in 2004.
- Google handles about 1 billion search queries per day, releasing some 200 tons of CO2 per day.
- People view 15 billion videos online every month.
Some Quotes about Science
- Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge. -- Carl Sagan.
- The science of today is the technology of tomorrow. -- Edward Teller.
- If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts. -- Albert Einstein.
- The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom. -- Isaac Asimov.
- Science is organized common sense where many a beautiful theory was killed by an ugly fact.-- Thomas Huxley.