Stop Getting on My Nerves; How to Calm Nerves and De-stress
Calm Nerves and De-stress
Nervous problems can lead to serious health conditions if not treated before it gets worse. There are so many nervous conditions these days, and people are being medicated for them. Some people are not big on taking medications for nervous conditions; they would rather try to prevent nervous activities. Nervous conditions are a part of having anxiety, and this is not normal to have your body and mind to go through.
Life is much better when we have calm nerves, and a regular breathing pattern. Sometimes simply breathing the right way is very important for having calm nerves. The correct way to breath is to; breath into your nose a very deep breathe (your stomach will expand), then a long exhale of breathe out of your mouth (your stomach will not go in). It appears as the same air-pressure in a balloon, and when you let that air out of the balloon. This is the correct way to breath, if you do at least 3 of these breathing exercises per day; you will begin to feel less anxiety.
Also when inhaling and exhaling the right way, you will send oxygen to the brain; and this will help with less headaches and migraines.
Ways to Calm Nerves
Exercising at least 10-60 minutes a day will help your mind and body, for calming nerves. Exercising helps with better lungs, respiratory, brain activity, circulation, and of course calm nerves. Another way to calm nerves is to eat foods that contain B-vitamins such as bananas. Eating a banana for breakfast is a good way to start your day, but you have to be consistent with eating a banana every morning. You can eat a banana sliced into your oatmeal in the mornings if you prefer. Then you may want to eat a tuna sandwich for lunch which also contains vitamin-B. And for your dessert a banana-split sundae, sounds delicious I know. Eating two bananas a day will assist your body and mind to have calmer nerves.
Calming your nerves will be easy if prevented and treated in time.
Definition of a Nervous Breakdown
A popular term for any type of mental illness that interferes with a person's normal activities. The term does not refer to a specific disturbance; a so-called "nervous breakdown" can include any of the mental disorders, including Neurosis, Psychosis, or Depression.
Symptoms for Nervous Breakdown
In cases of having a nervous breakdown means your mind couldn't handle the extremes of stress. A person having a nervous breakdown may experience; crying episodes, extreme tiredness, feeling worthless, and being confused. The symptoms of a nervous breakdown:
- Migraine headaches
- Irregular breathing
- Feelings of guilt
- Disrupted menstrual cycle
How to De-stress
The meaning of . There are many ways to de-stress your life; listen to calming instrumental music, stop complaining, think about fun times, do fun hobbies, sing positive songs, be thankful, praise God daily, lower sugar intake, eat more vegetables daily, let go of negative behavior, let go of bad influences, etc. de-stress is to become less stressed or anxious
More ways to destress your life:
- Avoid unnecessary arguments.
- Take a day off to just sleep-in.
- Listen to the birds chirp in the morning for about 5 minutes.
- Listen to the sound of trees blowing in the wind for about 5 minutes.
- Watch a comedy movie or comedy show (laughter is the best medicine).
- Befriend people that are intelligent.
- Eat a fruit salad every evening.
- Be happy in the moment, and don't think about your hurtful past.
- Start a new hobby by going to a crafts store.
- Massage your shoulders and your back with a body-massager.
- Do correct breathing exercises, as mentioned above.
- Begin to forgive the people that hurt you.
- Take Vitamin-B (with your doctor's permission).
- Make a list of things to be grateful for.
- Begin to thank God for things that some people may take for granted.
- Listen to Christian Gospel music every day.
- Get 8 or more hours of sleep every night.
- Drink 8 ounces of water before eating breakfast.
- Do physical exercise 10 minutes or more daily.
- Avoid complaining about simple things and find something to be grateful for.
- Listen to instrumental music such as John Tesh and others.
- Have confidence in yourself and your talents.
Verse of Scripture on Anxiety
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6 and 7
Tips on How to Destress Rating
© 2012 Brinafr3sh