Multiple-Choice General Knowledge Quiz and Study Guide for Students and Homeschoolers (#17)
If At First You Don't Succeed...
Whatever you do, don't give up! The quizzes are starting to get more difficult, so don't beat yourself up when you don't know the answers; simply strive to LEARN the answers and get them embedded in your rote memory. Remember, "Jeopardy" has high school students on the show from time to time and you never know when you'll be called upon to represent your school.
If you DO, however, know all of the answers then you are smarter than I am because sometimes I have to read material several times just to figure out what the heck the author is talking about!
I am continuing to enjoy creating these little tidbits of wonder and there are many more to come.
view quiz statistics
The Most Common Hawk in North America
- Motivation and Emotions: A Multiple-Choice Quiz for...
If you are in high school, or are being homeschooled and are preparing for college, you will find this a useful tool to use now, and while you are in college. This is a multiple-choice quiz on the psychology of motivation and emotions. This covers on
- World War II: A Multiple-Choice Quiz and Study Guide...
This is a quiz on World War II designed to aid all students studying the war. Homeschooled students should find this particularly helpful, along with trivia buffs interested in our nation's wars throughout history.
- Chemical Symbols on the Periodic Table of the Elemen...
This is a Hubpages free multiple-choice quiz on the chemical symbols on the Periodic Table of the Elements. Homeschoolers, high school students and trivia buffs should find this quiz interesting and helpful. Good luck!
- The Civil War: A Multiple-Choice Quiz and Study Gui...
A multiple-choice quiz and study guide on the American Civil War. Designed to aid homeschoolers and all students studying American History. Find out how much you REALLY know about the Civil War.
Questions on Quiz #18
- Which prolific artist's work is often categorized into periods, beginning with "The Blue Period"?
- What is a "tanpura"?
- In January 2013 which country announced that it would contribute $5.9 million to help Afghanistan repay its debts?
- What was the person called who owned Ancient Roman Gladiators before they were owned by an emperor?
- What is the process called whereby photons bounce off particles in their path?
- What is the total amount of goods and services produced in the economy during a given period called?
- "Inflorescence" refers to a cluster of which of these?
- Periods of voluntary fasting to raise awareness and money for world hunger are called what?
- What is the outdoor activity called whereby a GPS receiver or other mobile device is used to hide and seek objects?
- In the 18th and 19th century, what was the designation for the largest ships in the fleet of the British Royal Navy?
- What were square-pyramidal fortifications of reinforced concrete first used in World War II to impede enemy movement?
- Which President of the United States drafted The Virginia Plan proposing a bicameral legislative branch?
- In which country's government would you find a "Shadow Cabinet"?
- The "asteroid belt" lies roughly between the orbit of which two planets in our solar system?
- What is the term used to describe the purchase of a revenue-generating asset and quickly reselling it for a profit?
- Which one of the following objects "attenuates" sound?
- Which stage of development do some insects NOT go through in "incomplete" metamorphosis?
- Which of these refers to the events in Cuba between 1917 and 1922, when U.S. Marines were stationed on the island?
- In archaeology, what is the exposure, processing and recording of archaeological remains called?
- Which of these might require "vernalization"?
- Which of the following things might be studied by a pomologist?
- Who said "Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms"?
- What is an excessive tendency towards materialism called?
- What is "Brontophobia"?
- Where would you most likely find a "compass rose"?