How to Clean and Care for Indoor Mist Fountain Parts
How To Clean and Care for Misting Fountains and Fountain Parts
With proper care and cleaning, you can enjoy the beauty and health benefits of your Mist Fountain for years. It may take a little time, but the benefits are well worth the effort of Cleaning and Caring for your misting fountain, and your fountain parts.
To Clean Your Ceramic Disc
IF you have a Key Tool For Disc Removal
-A keytool comes with all my new replacement Disc kits. Don't touch the disc with your bare hands! but take the disc out of the mist unit carefully using the key tool.
-Using a soft paper towel - Viva is the softest - between your fingers and the new disk, remove the protective black rubber. Let the towel be between your fingers and the disc at all times when working with it.
- Touching only the outer edges of your ceramic disc, wet a cotton swab or soft cloth with gentle soap and water and gently clean both sides of the disc. Remember to NEVER TOUCH THE DISC WITH YOUR FINGERS. That is very important!
- Completely dry the ceramic disc before putting back into mist unit.
- Carefully put the Ceramic Disc back into the Mist Maker Unit.
DO NOT try to take the disc out with anything but the key tool
If You DO NOT Have A Key Tool
for Disc Removal
- Wet a cotton swab with gentle soap and water
- GENTLY clean the top of the disc.
- Do Not touch the top of the replacement disc with anything else, especially your fingertips
the oil from your fingertips can damage the disc...then it will not mist.
Clean the disc weekly if used daily.
KEEP THE MIST or FOG MAKER UNIT CLEAN
It's easy to keep indoor fountain parts clean and trouble free
-Wet a cotton swab with gentle soap and water.
-GENTLY clean around each of the LED lights that are around the outer edge of the Mist Maker Unit.
- Clean the ceramic disc while you are at it
- also GENTLY with soapy cotton swabOR LIKE THIS
- You can put the mist maker unit in a bowl of soapy water to clean it. BUT BE CAREFUL! I've broke one of the LED lights off when cleaning the mist unit. I really wanted to get it clean! But I used that mist unit and the same disc for at least 6 more months, everyday!
CLEANING YOUR FOUNTAIN BOWL AND MIST UNIT TOGETHER
YOU MUST Keep the water and the Fountain Bowl clean
Everyone's home environment is different, so adjust your cleaning times accordingly.
The easiest way to clean your fountain bowl is in your dishwater.
- Run soapy water in sink
- unplug adapter from the wall and mist unit
- You may want to dip some water out of the bowl before lifting the bowl out of the fountain stand
- Carefully pick your bowl up and out of the fountain stand and carry to the sink.
- Dump the dirty water out
- put your bowl and mist unit in the dish water - keep end of cord out of water!
- wash it - use cotton swabs for mist unit and disc
- dry with soft cloth
- put fountain back together
- add clean water to bowl. Enjoy
Use bottled water in your fountain for best results to prevent mineral buildup.
Use white Vinegar to remove any rings or stains from your fountain bowl.
Using Oils in Mist Fountains
Use Lightweight Oils ONLY
I do not recommend using Fragrance Oils in the Misting Fountains because they clog the ceramic disc. It is the ceramic disc that creates the mist. But if you do use Fragrance Oils or Scented Oils in your fountain, use ONLY Quality Lightweight Oils, You must change the water, clean your fountain bowl, mist unit, and replacement disc more often too when using oils in your fountain. Real Essential Oils can be added as desired because true Essential Oils are not oily!
If you choose to use Fragrance Oils, select Quality oils, like ours. Choose pre-mixed or one of our Custom Fragrances in .5 oz, 1 oz, 4 oz, or 8 oz bottles, at
Use ONLY a couple drops oil for each CLEAN BOWL of water. That is not the same as a couple drops every time you add water to your fountain bowl. You will clog your mist unit and/or ceramic disc with too much oil per bowl of clean water. So dump the water out everyday and then add oil. Better yet, dump the water out, use a Q-Tip and gently clean the Mist Maker and Ceramic Disc everyday to get all oil buildup off the parts. If you have a Tabletop Fountain, it will be very easy to do this, a bit more work with a floor fountain. Even better.... to fill your home with the delightful fragrance of your favorite Scented Oil, use one of our Electric Oil Warmers! No Flame! No Soot! No Candles!
www.MyFountainDesigns.com/Oil_Warmers.php or choose one of our exotic Onaya Reed Diffusers!
New YouTube vids
We Aren't Just Fountains Anymore!
Fountains, Waterfalls and Fragrance Diffusers
EXOTIC EXPANSION! We now have a full line of Halogen Light, Electric Oil Warmers, Reed Diffusers, Catalytic Fragrance Lamps and Fuels, small Indoor Waterfalls and of course, Misting Fountains and Fountain Parts and Accessories. BELOW WHOLESALE FOUNTAIN BOWLS AND STANDS