Colleges in Rajasthan must have their websites, orders directorate of education
Seth Gyaniram Bansidhar Podar College
IT enablement and integration of colleges in Rajasthan
It is now mandatory for colleges in Rajasthan to develop their own website to improve quality performance and to show dynamism for better interaction..
Directorate of college education in Rajasthan has taken initiative for IT enablement and IT integration with the colleges in Rajasthan. The directorate took this decision to keep pace with National e-Governance plan (NeGP), NME-ICT and state e-Governance vision.
Directorate of college education in Rajasthan instructed all the private colleges to implement website at earliest vide circular number 74, dated May 14, 2012 with the signature of the director, Subir Kumar, IAS. The college directorate want to change and improve existing scenario of college education in Rajasthan.
It is a good initiative taken by the Rajasthan government. Rajasthan is developing with quick pace in college and university education. Large numbers of private colleges have started in recent years. This step of IT enablement will lead to quality education and accessibility of information.
Internet connections are spreading in Rajasthan with high pace and large numbers of local population have now access to websites. The decision will help students, teachers, management and people at large in Rajasthan and elsewhere in searching information about college education.
Department of Computer Engineering, MNIT
Develop college website
- Web Designing Company in Jaipur, Website Development Jaipur
Vardhaman Infotech: Best Web Development, Web Designing Company in Jaipur. Build CMS based Website and Enterprise, Consumer and Mobile applications.
Higher education scenario in Rajasthan
Rajasthan previously known as Rajputana was ruled by the Kings and Monarchs during British India. Only few of these Royal families cared about modern education at that time. Only Ajmer, Jodhpur and Udaipur along with the capital city Jaipur had awareness and interest in higher education. People of rest of Rajasthan were not much keen for higher education till independence. Literacy rate was very poor in Rajasthan state till 80s.
Elected governments of Rajasthan in independent India started literacy drives through various projects to bring up the level of education. Rajasthan university was established at first in Jaipur and several others followed in different other cities. All these were government universities.
Private universities were permitted only in the beginning of this century and that changed the whole scenario of higher education. The state has been flooded with new colleges and universities. Some of these educational institutes has been working very well in educating pupil. However, many of these failed to provide quality education.
There are large numbers of colleges for general education besides technical, medical and management institutes. There are renowned institutes likes of Brila Institute of Technology and Science, BITS, Pilani, an IIT grade educational institute and SMS Medical College. Kota has become education hub of India. Most of the students preparing for entrance exams for IIT, IIM and medical entrance come and study in this city of Rajasthan.
Students in Rajasthan has been facing several problems and the foremost of these is regarding admission. College directorate in the state wanted to modernize communication system and interaction process with tools available nowadays.
Internet is the cheapest and efficient means of communication. Hence, the directorate of college education in Rajasthan ordered all the colleges to design and develop their websites.
Flagship scheme for higher education in Rajasthan
Nawalgarh Poddar College tower
St Xavier's College, Jaipur
Circular sent to the private colleges in Rajasthan by the directorate
Here is a brief of seven point circular sent to the private colleges in Rajasthan.
1. Every college must have its own dynamic and interactive website. The website should have information required by the students, faculty members, government and public in general.
2. Website of the college should have information about daily academic and extracurricular activities. It will enhance transparency and reach among stake holders.
3. College directorate advised colleges to put a special link on their website bio-data, researches and academic activities done by the faculties.
4. A secured web-mail application should be developed within the website to increase efficiency of correspondences and better security. The college has to provide an official email address to each staff member to interact within the college and with the directorate of college education and other government agencies. Use of private mail should be discouraged for official correspondence.
5. Colleges are also advised to take their application for admission in undergraduate and post graduate courses as well as special courses online from the next academic session. However, it is applicable to those colleges that have large numbers of applicants.
6. The college website should display information about infrastructure such as land, building, classroom, laboratories, library, playgrounds and other facilities provided by the college.
7. Every college has to appoint a nodal officer to develop and maintain the website. Name, contact numbers and official e-mail address should be displayed in the home page of the website. It is also incumbent upon the private colleges that they musy mention their website address before applying for a permanent NOC.
Face to face with Naveen Jain, Director Higher Education
How to develop an ideal website?
Many colleges may find it difficult to design and develop their college website according to the norms of Directorate of college education in Rajasthan. They may go to a web designer or a web design company. However, every designer or developer can not develop a college website as per the norms.
Vardhaman Infotech, leading IT and web design company in Jaipur is one stop solution for colleges in Rajasthan. Their expert team is capable of design and develop your college website in standard format as per the norms. They will do it for you in affordable price within few days. You need not to worry for anything.
You can contact directly in the mobile 8003734752 or go to link above in the box to visit website of Vardhaman Infotech.
RKCL - Rajasthan Knowledge Corporation Limited
Useful articles related to education and website
- How to design a website? Plan and elements of web de...
How to design website? Step by step guide to beginners and developers with design elements and principles....planning and implementation.... technology
- Dr. Manmohan Singh: Highest Qualified Prime Minister...
Dr Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India is the highest qualified statesman in the world. No Prime Minister or President can match his academic degrees.
- Searching to find a White collar job: Read it
Read it before rushing to a white collar job. Is it actually worth? Are white collars gainers or losers? Think before rushing to a white collar job? Is it financially smart? See other side of coin.
- What can Narendra Modi do for Muslim community in In...
Muslims in India are generally skilled in arts and mechanics but uneducated. They can be very useful in “Make in India” project. Narendra Modi can help imparting education-training to these Muslims
Rajasthan is the biggest state in India area wise. Directorate of college education ordered colleges in Rajasthan to develop websites..