- Education and Science»
- Law & Legal Issues
Crazy California Laws
Here we go again
Some of the looniest laws every made seem to be here in the U.S. What were we thinking when we made them? California is no different that any other state, they have their own set of loony, crazy, silly laws.
10 crazy laws
- It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.
- Women may not drive in a house coat.
- Nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool in Baldwin Park.
- It is illegal to spit except on a baseball diamond in Burlingame.
- All dog "waste" must be removed from any yard within seven in Cerritos.
- Bowling on the sidewalk is illegal in Chico.
Actually this law was put into effect because of so much horse play and games going on on the sidewalks of town.
- Men who wear moustaches are forbidden from kissing women in Eureka.
- In Fresno no one may annoy a lizard in the city park.
This law actually was made to protect all animals.
- No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour.
- Women may not wear high heels while in the city limits.
Fun Facts and Trivia
- The Iron Door Saloon in Groveland, built in 1852, is the oldest saloon in California.
California's Mt. Whitney, at 14,495 feet, is the highest peak in the continental United States.
Joanne Woodward recieved a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1960 making her the first person to recieve the honor.
- There are more turkeys raised in California than in any other state in the United States.
- Kennedy Mine in Jackson, California was once the richest gold mine in the world and the deepest mine in North America.
- More avocados are grown in the region of Fallbrook, known as the Avocado Capital of the World, than in any other county in the nation. Every year they host an Avocado Festival.
Fresno, California is known as the Raisin Capital of the World.
Los Angeles contains over 300 museums.
There are about 500,000 seismic earthquake tremors every year in California. Most are never felt.
- Located in Sacramento, The California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento is the largest museum of its kind in North America.
Totaling nearly three million acres, San Bernardino County is the largest county in the country.
- The State of California is known by a few different names such as The Land of Milk and Honey, The El Dorado State, The Golden State, and The Grape State.
- Mississippi Crazy Laws, Fun Facts and Trivia
Mississippi River from veranda of Nottoway Plantation. Image from freelargehhotos.com Promising to marry a woman to seduce her is illegal in Mississippi. It is illegal to teach others what pologmy is. ...
- Maine Crazy Laws, Trivia, and Fun Facts
Maine Coastline The first naval battle of the Revolutionsry War was fought off Machias in 1775. York, established in 1641 is Americas first chartered city. Maine's earliest inhabitants were descendents...
- Montana Crazy Laws, Fun Facts and Trivia
Beautiful Montana It is illegal to have a sheep in the cab of your truck without a chaperone. In Billings, Montana it is illegal for employee's of the city's communications center to program their phones...
- Nevada Crazy Laws, Fun Facts, and Trivia
In Reno benches may not be placed in the middle of the street. It is illegal to have a
- Nebraska Crazy Laws, Fun Facts, and Trivia
Lincoln, Nebraska at Sunset Image from bing.com/images Donut holes may not be sold in Lehigh, Nebraska. It is illegal to fly a plane when drunk. In Waterloo, Barbers are forbidden to eat onions between 7...