- Education and Science»
ESL Fun Activity - Game of Thrones Quiz
ESL - Game of Thrones Quiz
Want to have some fun in the classroom? Why not give your ESL students a Game of Thrones quiz. All the questions come from season 1 and include the answers.
Game of Thrones Quiz
1. Who was asked to be the chief advisor (known as the Hand of the King) to King Robert Baratheon?
Answer: Ned Stark
2. Which is the motto of the House of Stark?
a) Winter is coming. B) Family, Duty, Honour. C) Ours is the Fury.
Answer: Winter is coming.
3. Viserys Targaryen gives his sister away in marriage for what in return?
Answer: An army to help reclaim Westeros.
4. When Jamie Lannister and his sister Cersei are caught together in an abandoned tower, what happens when Bran sees them?
Answer: Jamie Lannister throws Bran out of the window.
5. While Bran lies unconscious in his bed a hooded man enters and tries to kill him. Who prevents the attack?
Answer: Bran’s mother Catelyn and his wolf Summer.
6. Why does Catelyn believe the Lannister’s are responsible for the attack against Bran?
Answer: Because the knife used in the second attack was made from expensive dragon bone and they found a blond hair in the tower.
7. While Sansa and Joffrey go for a walk along the river, they meet her sister Arya and her friend, the son of a butcher. What happens next?
Answer: Joffrey and Arya get into a fight. Arya’s wolf bites Joffrey and Arya runs away.
8. Who kills the butcher’s boy?
Answer: The Hound (Sandor Celgane)
9. When they can’t find Arya’s wolf, what does Queen Cersei demand?
Answer: That Sansa’s wolf be killed instead.
10. Lord Baelish meets Ned and Catelyn Stark in a brothel. He tells them he knows who owns the dragon bone dagger. Who does it belong to?
Answer: Lord Tyrion
Khal Drogo and Daenerys
11. When Ned Stark goes to visit a local armourer, he meets a young man making a sword. Who does he suspect the man is?
Answer: King Robert’s bastard son.
12. At the tournament Lord Baelish tells Sansa about how The Hound got the burns all over his face. What happened to him when he was little?
Answer: His brother, The Mountain, found him playing with his toys and burned his face in the hot coals.
13. Lord Tyrion is kidnapped by Catelyn Stark and taken to her sister’s castle. Before the trial they put Lord Tyrion into a cell. Describe it?
Answer: It’s called a sky cell. It only has 3 walls and opens into a terrifying drop to the ground.
14. When Daenerys Targaryen takes one of the dragon eggs, given to her as a wedding present, and puts it into the fire, what happens?
Answer: She takes it out, but it doesn’t burn her hands.
15. How does Lord Tyrion escape from Lysa’s court?
Answer: He gets a swordsman, Bronn, to fight on his behalf and wins.
16. When Ned Stark looks at the book of lineages, what conclusion does he come to?
Answer: That Joffrey is not King Robert’s son.
17. Describe the Moon Door? Who fallen through it?
A hole in the ground which people are pushed into to their deaths. Lady Lysa was pushed by Littlefinger.
18. What is the motto of the Lannister's?
A Lannister always pays his debts.
19. What happens when Viserys threatens his sister with a sword in front of Khal Drogo?
Khal Drogo melts gold into a crown and pours it on his head.
20. What does King Robert Baratheon order from his deathbed?
Robert rescinds the order to kill Daenerys Targaryen and commands Ned to rule in his place until Joffrey is old enough to rule.
21. What was Sir Jorah promised for betraying Daenerys Targaryen?
A pardon from his crimes.
22. Who betrays Ned Stark when he delivers Robert Baratheon's will to Cersei and Joffrey?
Lord Baelish (Littlefinger ).
23. How is Khal Drogo injured when they begin their march towards Westeros?
He fights with one of his warriors who cuts his chest with a sword.
24. Robb and Catelyn Stark need to cross the river in order to advance upon King's Landing. What does Walder Frey, who controls the river crossing, want in return?
That Robb and Arya both marry one of his children.
25. When Khal Drogo falls unconscious from his wounds, Daenerys calls for the woman she saved from being raped and sold into slavery. She asks her to perform magic to heal her husband. What animal does she sacrifice and what happens to Daenerys?
She sacrifices Khal's horse. And then Daenerys goes into labour.
26. “So long as I am king, treason will not go unpunished... Bring me his head!” Who says this line and who is he talking about?
Joffrey is talking about Ned Stark.
27. When Joffrey brings Sansa to look at her father's severed head, what does Joffrey promise her?
That he will deliver her brother Robb's head next.
28. What happens to Daenerys' baby and Khal Drogo after the witch performs her magic?
The baby is born dead and Drogo is mute and unable to move. Daenerys then smothers her husband.
29. What does Jamie Lannister admit to when he is captured and interrogated by Robb and Catelyn's army?
That he threw Bran out of the window.
30. Name the people/things that are placed in the massive fire in Daenerys camp?
Khal Drogo's corpse, the witch who betrayed Daenerys (Mirri Maz Dur), the 3 dragon eggs and Daenerys.
Credited source: http://www.hbo.com/#/game-of-thrones/episodes
© 2015 Muttface