Education is the main key to success
Aspire for this
Qualities to develop in children
If children are to survive the harsh competition of life, they must grow in all aspects of life. They must possess a well-rounded personally. They must grow healthy as well as intellectually. It is a must that they should be equipped with all these sterling qualities because as future leaders the country’s wellbeing hinged on their shoulders.
Education is for everyone
- Education isn’t a monopoly of the rich and the influential.
- It is a tool that everybody must take opportunity of, including the poor and the downtrodden.
- It is the only way through which man can develop his self to conquer ignorance and plan a better and livelier life for him, his family and the community in general.
- Shamcey Gorea Supsup was born in Iligan City, Philippines on May 16, 1986. She lives in General Santos City.
- Shamcey graduated Salutatorian from Makati High School.
- In college, she took up Architecture and graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of the Philippines (UP).
- She was ranked No.1 topnotcher in the 2010 Philippine Architectural Board Examination with a grade of 86.60 percent.
- In September 12, 2011, Shamcey Supsup represented the Philippines in the Miss Universe 2011 beauty pageant in Sao Paulo, Brazil, bringing pride to the Filipino people and to the world as 3rd runner up.
- She got married to her longtime boyfriend businessman Lloyd Lee on December 29, 2013.
Senator Manny Villar
- We can learn lessons from individuals who were poor at the start but successful in their chosen careers.
- Senator Manny Villar is one of the wealthiest senator of the Philippines, but while a student he used to help her mother sell shrimps and fish in the Divisoria market to finance his education.
- Launched a highly successful business in real estate. The number of homes built by Villar's companies has totaled to over 200,000 units, and his business career made him one of the country's wealthiest persons (Wikipedia)
Congressman Manny Pacquiao
- Pambansang Kamao (national fist) and First 8 –Division World Boxing Champion, Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao is worth P1.134 billion or $26 million in Dec. 31, 2010, according to pinoymoneytalk.com.
- Pacquiao had a lowly beginning. The second of 4 children and while still attending grade school, Manny assumed the role of household breadwinner peddling bread, homemade cakes and cellophane bags after his father left the family.
- Besides, he indulged in neighborhood boxing bouts for little sum of money.
- Department of Education (DOE) awarded him a high school diploma in Feb. 2007 for passing a high school equivalency exam.
- At Notre Dame of Dadiangas University in GenSan, Pacquiao took up a business management course.
- Southweatern University granted him the honorary degree of doctor of Humanities in Feb. 18, 2009 for his exemplary performance in boxing and
- in helping the victims of typhoons and displaced families brought about by the insurgency problem in Mindanao.
- He is also a singer, product endorser, actor, a Philippine Army reservist with the rank of Senior Master Sergeant,
- Congressman of Sarangani, aside from being a boxer.
Benjamin Franklin and Abraham Licoln
- Hard work, persistence and determination were the factors that helped the likes of Benjamin Franklin and Abraham Lincoln attain their dreams of becoming an inventor and American president, respectively.
- History books tell us Franklin’s father was just a soap and candle maker and the many hassles concomitant to being poor did not deter him from achieving countless feats.
- Lincoln had his birth place in a log cabin but it didn’t dampen his spirit of leaping to the White House as the 16thpresident in November 6, 1860.
Models to copy
Known to you are countless men and women who have served in various capacities as nannys, yayas, errand boys, scholars, self-supporting students, etc. and are now in their respective fields happily working in various private and public callings.
To them I extend my warmest congratulations for overcoming mountains of hardships and for reaping the fruits they now enjoy. I am addressing this hub for you to emulate the shining examples of the foregoing individuals who have climbed successfully the ladder of success despite their humble beginnings.
Key to find free high school and college courses
Poverty is a big stumbling block, but find ways to overcome it. Ask God, do something and at the day’s end after conquering it, you’ll find it sweet and wholesome.
Here’s a list of schools offering high school and college education courses which you can choose from. It is hoped that it will help achieve your cherished dream of seeing a better future for you and your loved ones. Time is of the essence. Think of the future to come. Don’t waste your time now. Make every tick of the clock counts. Hope to see you happy someday.
Here's the key to said list of schools. Type "list of schools offering high school and free college education courses in _____" in your search bar to have it. Just add the name of the place or country in the blank where you wish to study. Good luck!