Exams Available For Computer Science Students PART-2
If you are in school and wish to get into an Engineering College and study Computer Science or IT or if you are already pursuing a graduation course with above-mentioned streams, then this article will help you for sure.
This article is PART 2 and deals only with the folks who are still in their graduation period or about to begin their college life. For those, who are done with their graduation, check out PART 1.
For those who are currently pursuing their undergraduate course:
NCSA (National Computer Science Academy)
- NCSA helps you to verify your skills using one or more of their online certification exams.
- They also give an option to earn money. You can do that by giving training related to computer to other people.
- The available programs are called as Employee testing program that permits you to test yourself in any one of the available certifications. You also have the advantage to create your own custom exams with the help of their testing engine.
- On Demand Training: NCSA also offers On Demand Testing. The testing includes 7500 quality instructors who provide various computer related videos and courseware, which remains available online 24/7. Courses also offered individually and on CD.
- You can go to the Official Site of NCSA Academy.
The book is from amazon.com, but can be shipped to India.
Microsoft Certification Exams
- When you pass your first Microsoft Certification Exams, you become a member of the MCP, means Microsoft Certified Professional.
- Microsoft provides various types of Microsoft Certification Exams that range from entry level to experienced professionals and also for domains that range from database management to programming; networking and system administration as well as web development and various other advanced technologies.
- Some of its famous and important exams are MTA (Microsoft Technology Associate), MCTS (Microsoft Certified Techology Specialist), MCIP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional), MCIP SQL Server, MCPD (Microsoft Certified Professional Developer) and for more information, visit the Microsoft Certification Exams.
- There is another site that you will find quite informative and interesting as well. It is by the name Cheat Test and is related to exams.
ACM-ICPC: The Ultimate Test Of Programming
- ACM is an acronym for Association For Computing Machinery, while ICPC is acronym for International Collegiate Programming Contest.
- ACM-ICPC is a worldwide renowned programming challenge. It is also famous for its level of difficulty. It is sponsored by IBM.
- In this, the teams, from different universities, are formed that compete against each other.
- The competition consists of various levels.
- To prove yourself worthy of this challenge, you need to be an expert in object oriented languages such as Java and C++. You must also be well aware of algorithms.
- For more information, you go to the site of ACM-ICPC.
Internship: Home Town Or Abroad
- Internship is a great medium for enhancing you marketability and helping you to stand unique in the crowd.
- Some internships are free, while some pay you for your hard work.
- You can find good companies for Internship in India as well, but internship abroad brings more advantages with it.
- If you are planning for abroad, then keep a check on visa requirements, housing safety, international resume, on-site support, cost of living and travel insurance.
- There are some companies who provide you travel insurance, while others don't.
- I have mentioned some links below that will, hopefully, assist you to find a good internship abroad.
- DAAD RISE (Research Internships in Science and Engineering)
Now, here is some suggestions for those students, who have just cleared their 10+2 exams and wish to make a career in Computer Science or Information Technology
Entrance Exams For Engineering Colleges
There are plenty of entrance exams that can lead your way to one of the best colleges. Here are the famous names:
- IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) - JEE (Joint Entrance Exam)
- AIEEE (All India Engineering Entrance Examination)
- BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test)
- CETK (Karnataka Common Entrance Test)
- COMEDK UGET (Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental Colleges of Karnataka, Under Graduate Entrance Test)
- EAMCET (Engineering Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test)
- ENAT (ESPI National Admission Test)
- KIITEE (KIIT Entrance Examination)
- MHT-CET (Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test)
- NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture)
- RPET (Rajasthan Pre Engineering Test)
- UPSEE (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination)
- VITEE (Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam)
Genius Maker: Playful Preparation For Entrance Exams
- Genuis Maker is a software that contains facts and formulae related to chemistry, mathematics and physics.
- It is good for preparing for the engineering entrance exams.
I’ve come up with few of the world’s best companies for computer science graduates. Here, they are:
Cupertino, California, United States
Mountain View, California, United States
Redmond, Washington, United States
Seattle, Washington, United States
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Irving, Texas, United States
Rex W. Tillerson
Menlo Park, California, United States
Johnson & Johnson
New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Jeffrey R. Immelt
San Francisco, California, United States
John G. Stumpf
Getting admission in a premier institute is every young engineer's wish, but not all managed to make their wish true as seats are limited. If, somehow, the seats get filled before you could jump in, then do not worry. Relax your mind.
It is said that the world's top companies hire employees only from the famous institutes. Yes, 80%, it is true. The rest 20% is for those people, whose work and experience speaks more than their institute reputation. No offence for premier ones.
Here is a list that includes six major skills that every engineering professional must possess:
- Technical Skills: You must be extremely good in the technology you know. For example, if you know app development, then you must be aware which are the best softwares and compliers that can be used for developing apps. You should also known which software and complier is used for which OS (Operating System) and most importantly, you must be master of at least one of these.
- Presentation Skills: Those who are working or have worked in companies will surely agree with me on the statement that "More than doing hard work, you should know how to sell yourself". I mean to say doing tasks is one thing and presenting what you have done is extremely another. You are not a good professional unless you don't know how to present yourself.
- Economics: Economics is something that you don't learn by studying, you learn it by experience indeed. Whatever you have build will not have any importance, unless you don't know how to do its marketing.
- CS Fundamentals: The point sounds easy just like mathematics fundamentals, but this is the most important skill you need to have. No matter where you work, if you know algorithms and data structure by heart, you will never lose a competition.
- HCI: HCI, an acronym for Human Computer Interaction, is an interdisciplinary field that lies major focus on the communication between computer systems and human users. It includes disciplines such as computer science, human factors, cognitive science, management science, software engineering, psychology, anthropology and sociology.
- UCD: UCD, an acronym for User Centred Design, is a written process that talks about a product from its development to its final design. It is also known as TDD (Technical Design Document). It includes product's planning, design and development.
Additionally, time management and brilliant communication skills as well as a positive attitude are the utmost requirements
These all can help you to be a leader in your field. So, do your 100%. ALL THE BEST!!