Excuse for Missing School
Need an Excuse for Missing School?
Well you've definitely come to the right place!! I know that when i was in school I definitely could have used a lot of these. First up, this article has some great real excuses that you can use in life, and below that, this article has some links to some of the best sites on the Internet, for the more funny and less practical excuses.
Excuses to Give to Mom
We have one choice so far. In the future, I'll certainly add more. If you know of one, by all means post it in the comments section.
Get your hands slighty wet with hot water, just enough so that they're damp. This will make them clammy and will confirm your mother's intuition if she holds your hand. Then, for about ten minutes, do some coughs and deep gurgling in your throat so that it scratches a bit. This will cause you a bit of discomfort, perhaps, but it will make your throat look inflamed temporarily. After all this preparation, go tell your mom that you're sick, and when she takes a look at your hands and throat (as most mother's do) she'll see that you're telling the truth and BOOM no school for you. A perfect ready-made excuse for missing school.
Excuses to Give to Your Teacher/Principal
There are two excuses so far for this one. Definitely take a look at them as they seem pretty efficient.
1. Tape a piece of gauze (that cloth stuff that the doctor uses to do bloodwork) to your arm. It should be in the crook of your arm. Then, if your teacher, or whoever else asks why you're late, say you were just at the doctor's office to get a blood test, but you forgot a note. Since you still have the gause taped to your arm, no one will think twice to question you.
2. This one is one of my favorites. This is if you get to school late and a teacher or principal catches you. Before doing it, get your cell phone a new voice machine message. Put it right up to your regular phone with your parents answering message, and record so that they are the same. Turn off your cell phone. Then, when the teacher/principal catches you, tell them loudly that you were with your parents.
When they try to determine if you're telling the truth, repeat your statement, daring the principal to call your parents. The principal will quite likely end up calling your parents; give him your cell number when he asks. He'll then call it and leave a message for your parents, on your cell phone for you to delete.
Excuses to Give in General
"I had bad Diarrhea" - Noone's gonna second guess you if you're being this blunt.
"I got into homeroom late - my teacher must have missed marking me down" - Simple and hard for him to verify usually.
"I walked here to try to be green [with smile] Shouldn't our school emphasize being green, [Sir/Maam]?"
More to Come!! - Updated Frequently
Best Scene's from Ferris Bueller's Day Off
- No excuse for missing school in UK
In the United Kingdom, check out what happens to parents who let their kids miss school!! This is a pretty strong motivator for parents to ensure that their child goes to school.
- Fake Doctors Note
Check this place out, it's pretty funny. I would not recommend doing this, as it may be illegal to impersonate a doctor, even for yourself.
- The Mother of All Excuses Place
If you want to hear hilarious excuses on EVERYTHING, this is definitely the site for you.
- Excuses for Missing School
A more humorous take on missing school. These are some pretty stupid ones, but others are quite funny.